The SB168-ES is an affordable 3U-size stage box that utilizes EtherSound technology to propagate digital sound signals. When connected to popular all-in-one digital consoles like the PM5D, LS9, or M7CL, the SB168-ES offers superb support for live sound. 16 channels of sonically-superb remote analog input - each with its own head amp - combine with 8 channels of analog output to let you chain multiple units in sequence for simultaneous use. The SB168-ES also functions as both as a conventional EtherSound device - an analog input-output box. Compared to a conventional analog console + analog multicore the SB168-ES is noise resistant, and lets you boost quality by keeping the length of microphone cables as short as possible. Even more, the SB168-ES is easy to set up, so that any time, effort, or money needed for equipment installation are significantly reduced.
- 16 channels of sonically superb remote analog input — each with its own mic/line head amp — plus 8 channels of analog output.
- Audio can be transferred over distances up to 100 meters via standard CAT5e Ethernet cables (maximum distance may depend on cable performance).
- The SB168-ES can be used as a general-purpose analog-EtherSound I/O box.
- Handles uncompressed 24-bit audio at 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sampling rates.
- Internal head amplifier gain and +48V phantom power switching can be remotely controlled from a compatible digital mixing console or from the AuviTran™ AVS-ESMonitor software.
- Up to four SB168-ES units can be linked to provide a total of 64 inputs and 32 outputs (maximum number may depend on the mixing console used).
- An ideal choice for use with popular digital consoles such as the Yamaha PM5D, LS9, or M7CL.
- Compared to conventional analog console + analog multi-core systems the SB168-ES provides exceptionally high noise resistance and makes it possible to keep microphone cables short for optimum signal quality.
- Easy set-up reduces the time, effort, and cost of installation.
PERFECT PROPAGATION OF DIGITAL SOUND
Data transmission generally utilizes CAT5e cable, which offers the ability to carry uncompressed 24-bit / 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz high-quality sound over distances up to approximately 100 meters*. You can even activate the SB168-ES head amp remote function from the mixing console to adjust mic gain levels so that they match specific sound scenes. Coupled with the superior sonic quality of the head amps, this capability presents huge advantages for live performance.
* Depending on the type of cable used.
USING ETHERSOUND FOR DIGITAL SOUND PROPAGATION
The SB168-ES uses the well-known EtherSound technology. Of the digital audio signal transmission protocols currently available, EtherSound is highly regarded for its low latency, high-quality bidirectional multi-channel transmission capabilities, and its use of easily obtainable CAT5e cable. Moreover, EtherSound allows you to combine sound signals with control signals for the SB168-ES head amp remotes, or +48V function.
You can daisy chain connections through MY16-ES64 and MY16-EX mini-YGDAI cards to connect to a Yamaha digital console, which makes setting up easy anywhere - from up on stage to front of house. And since the SB168-ES is capable of operating as a generic EtherSound device, you can also use AuviTran's AVS-ESMonitor to control its parameters.
Up to now, digital signal propagation systems were extremely expensive. The SB168-ES was designed from the outset to be used together with Yamaha digital consoles, making high performance affordable. It also features +48V, signal, and peak indicators for each input terminal, providing an excellent environment for active monitoring.