The VITA BB PLUS is a very powerful Dante network audio interface, in a traditional desktop style. It has a mic/line input and headphone monitoring connection for a single user, and contains two 4 wire circuits. One of these is typically used as an on air channel, and the other as a talkback channel.
The high quality microphone input, with the Glensound Referee compressor, makes the Vita BB Plus suitable for on air commentary use, perfect for a small OB or in an off-tube booth.
The flexibility of the talk button configurations, means that the Vita BB Plus can also be used as a talkback unit as part of a Dante / AES67 network.
The Vita BB Plus can connect to any Dante or AES67 network, or to other audio equipment via Glensound’s own Dante interface units.
- Complete commentary functionality and 4W in a desktop format
- Large Format Illuminated Front Panel Switches (BIG BUTTONS (BB))
- Dante/ AES67 AoIP network
- Input is switchable from line, mic, or mic + 48v phantom power
- Low noise, high headroom mic amplifier
- 48K 24bit A/D converter
- Headphone output on 6.35mm jack socket
- Two outputs: one for main programme audio, one for talk back circuit, are both on the single RJ45/CAT5 network audio connection
- Independently configurable buttons for both outputs using Config+: latching, momentary or lazy
- Two inputs for headphone monitoring from network audio connection, both with adjustable level
- Headphone inputs have left/both/right switching
- Glensound intelligent headphone amp provides correct output levels into low or high impedance headphones and can also correctly drive mono earpieces with mono jack plugs.
- Powered via PoE
Two Four Wire Circuits
The VITA BB PLUS has two 4 wire circuits. These are typically used as main programme on air, with a separate talkback circuit. The push buttons for each circuit are configurable and can operate in different modes, to allow configuration for different types of uses:
- Latching on/off
- Momentary push to talk (PTT)
-Intelligent mode where a short tap is latching, but a longer hold becomes momentary
- Always on and mutes when pressed (cough)
- Pressing one button, mutes the other circuit (talkback)
There are 6.35mm and 3.5mm jack sockets for headphone monitoring on both the front & rear of the unit. Each of the two 4 wire inputs can be selected to be in the left ear, right ear, or both ears of the headphones, depending on the users preference. The level of each input can also be independently selected.
The headphone amplifier is intelligent and capable of driving correct levels into low or high impedance headphones and capable of connecting directly to both stereo or mono headphones and earpieces.
The headphone monitor also includes sidetone (at a programmable level) - sidetone is the commentator’s own voice.
The VITA BB PLUS is a single user unit, with one high quality microphone input. The input is mic/mic+48v/line switchable, on a 3 pin XLR, with a variable gain control. As the Vita Plus can be used for on air broadcast, Glensound’s Referee compressor limiter is used to control the audio levels and prevent any clipping. The Referee compressor has been developed over many years of working with sports commentators, and provides a gently increasing compression as the input signal approaches clipping. In normal use the compressor is not active as it only starts working as clipping approaches, so normal dynamic range is maintained.
Network Audio Link
The VITA PLUS is Dante / AES67 network audio compatible. The network connection is via a single Neutrik XLR RJ45. This link carries:
- 2 audio inputs
- 2 audio outputs
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Audio connections across the network can be to:
- - Another VITA as a point to point 4W connection
- - An Expressip Commentary Unit, an Inferno Commentary Unit or a GS-FW012 ip 4 wire unit as part of a talkback setup.
- - An AoIP44, DARK88 or DARK 1616 audio input/output interface
- - Any other Dante compatible unit
The VITA BB PLUS is powered by PoE network switches or PoE midspan power supplies.
There is a simple to use 4 segment PPM meter on the VITA BB Plus’s front panel.
The meter indicates the outgoing level in dBs and provides indication of the level in 6dB steps from -12 to +6.