The low-sensitivity version of BP899c-TH; with a 55" (1.4 m) permanently attached cable (unterminated); no power module. The microphone’s wide dynamic range and tolerance for high sound pressure levels ensures intelligible, natural-sounding audio that’s ideal for use by stage and television talent, lecturers, and worship leaders. Low-sensitivity models are also available for theater use. The diaphragm opening is covered by an acoustically transparent, moisture-repellent protective mesh that delivers maximum frequency response and lasting performance.
- Maximum intelligibility and clean, accurate reproduction for vocalists, lecturers, stage and television talent, and worship leaders
- Low-profile design (a mere 5.3 mm in diameter) is ideal for applications requiring minimum visibility
- Urethane elastomer cable with a double-spiral shield wire provides ultimate flexibility, strength, and resistance to abrasion and moisture
- Open-diaphragm design with protective mesh that repels sweat and other moisture for maximum frequency response and lasting performance
- Included resonance caps can be applied to microphone to improve intelligibility
- Low-sensitivity models available for theater use or other high-SPL applications
- RoHS compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- The microphone capsule is housed in a rugged metal structure to shield the electronic circuitry from external electromagnetic noise
- The signal line of the cable is made of a high-durability CuSn (copper and tin) alloy that greatly enhances corrosion resistance and increases longevity
- Two included windscreens each feature a clasp that secures the windscreen to the mic, preventing it from blowing off in critical situations, such as at sporting events
- Clothing clip includes 16 distinct angle adjustments over 360° and two strain-relief clips for easy cable routing
An included resonance cap can be applied to the microphone to provide even greater intelligibility, and it is designed to direct sweat and other moisture away from the microphone. The two included windscreens each feature a clasp that secures the windscreen to the mic and prevents it from accidently falling off, which can be critical during active use of the microphone for performances or sports. If up-close, directional miking is needed, the BP898 with cardioid capsule is recommended.
The mic’s cable is made of a robust urethane elastomer that provides ultimate flexibility and strength, while resisting abrasion and moisture. The mic comes with a clothing clip that features two strain-relief points that isolate the mic from mechanical noise transferred over the cable.