The DAB-300 series dual path audio switchers were designed to address the need to switch two audio paths simultaneously for in band on channel (IBOC) transmission format. Maintaining time alignment between analog and digital transmitter signal paths is essential for proper performance. The DAB-300 allows the station operator to have a pair of analog and digital paths and allow them to be switched together in the event of an analog or digital audio path failure. Designed with BDI's exclusive silence detection system the DAB-300 does its job automatically without operator intervention. The DAB series can be operated from the front panel, GPIO, Ethernet using SNMP and/or the BDI Stack Graphical User Interface available for Windows and Android devices. The GUI also provides a means of naming inputs and outputs for convenience.
Couple the power of the DAB-300 with SNMP and you have the most versatile compact dual path switcher on the market. Now a simple CAT5 connection is all you need to interconnect the DAB-300 to your SNMP based remote control system or software. Whether your requirement is all AES3, analog or a combination of both its hard to find a better value in a single rack unit package.
- Up to 8 I/O Analog, AES3 or a 4 of Each
- See product specifications in next tab
- Composite FM Stereo I/O module - 4 Composite Output DA and Composite to AES3 Conversion
- Programmable Silence detection including threshold, time delay, auto revert time
- Programmable Silence Switching channel priority. Custom programmable sequence of channels
- Sample Rate Conversion on every AES3 input
- Synchronous AES3 switching for silent, glitch free switching
- 24 bit resolution throughout
- Tascam™ Standard Interface
- Ethernet connection for use with SNMPv2 and/or BDI Stack GUI
- RS232/485 Compatible for use with most automation systemss
The DAB-300 Series Dual Path IBOC Switcher is ideal for digital audio IBOC routing.
The DAB-300 allows simultaneous synchronous switching of both analog and digital paths, and provides a low cost solution to your digital and/or analog audio routing and switching needs.
The DAB-300 is available in combinations of AES, Analog L/R and composite base band input. The unit can be ordered with any two input standards. The DSP architecture provides outstanding flexibility and reliability in a single rack chassis.
The DAB-300 incorporates a high quality silence detector for efficient, error-free switching upon loss of analog or digital transmitter path audio. Digital broadcasting requires synchronized audio paths and switching. the DAB-300 is designed to provide time-aligned switching of both paths simultaneously automatically or manually.