The RE420-RC3 is a premium-grade, high-performance, condenser cardioid thread-on vocal microphone head for wireless handheld transmitters. Designed to reveal the exceptional detail and vivid clarity synonymous with condenser elements, it skillfully delivers the lyrical finesse required for expressive vocal performances.
This microphone head electrically and mechanically adapts to Electro-Voice (and many other brands) wireless handheld transmitters that use the common 3-contact rings, 1.25” diameter by 28-thread pitch coupling convention. The floating captured ID collar will spin freely until screwing the head on tightly. It will remain locked in place when fully tightened. This allows the desired orientation of the branding to the transmitter.
The sonic signature is rich, detailed and full-bodied, with a warm and clear low end, natural and present midrange, and an open, crisp and detailed high end. The cardioid pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation. Maximum feedback rejection occurs when a stage monitor is positioned 180° off-axis to the element. This pattern also allows for a comfortable working range around the microphone making expressive microphone techniques easy.
The multi-stage pop filter consists of two layers of dense foam separated by air, which attenuates wind velocity caused by breath and windblasts. The high-pass filter has two positions (see drawing). The flat position delivers the full frequency band pass of the capsule. The high-pass position attenuates frequencies below 150 Hz.
The internal shock mount isolates the microphone element from vibration and guards against handling noise.
- Thread-on microphone head for Electro-Voice and other brand's wireless handheld transmitters
- Premium condenser element delivers a highlydetailed, rich, and full bodied sound
- Cardioid polar pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation with a comfortable working range
- Multi-stage pop filter minimizes breath blasts and plosives
- Selectable high-pass filter reduces undesirable low frequency content when engaged