process is completed, the DVI Detective Plus is placed at the DVI output of the computer's video card where it will provide the computer with a constant EDID signal. The Detective Plus is equipped with DVI ports, but it is also compatible with VGA through the use of optional adapters. The DVI Detective Plus provides all the functionality of the DVI Detective N and adds HDCP pass through and the ability to use one of five pre-programmed EDID profiles. To program the Detective Plus, first connect it to the DVI or VGA input of the display that is being used. For the programming process only, the Detective is powered by an included 5V DC power supply. Disable the write protect switch, set the DIP switches to the appropriate positions, depress the program button, and after a few seconds EDID recording is complete. The Detective can now be disconnected from the display and power supply and installed at the appropriate place in the video distribution chain. The Detective will receive 5V power from the computer's DVI or VGA output.
- Quick and easy way to store EDID information from any DVI display
- Provides a virtual EDID to maintain active monitor status when switching away from a source
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- Selection of 5 preset EDIDs are available for custom audio features and video resolutions through DIP switch selection
- EDID write protection switch
- No power is required after initial programming
- HDCP pass-through