LEWITT's LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications. Equipped with a precision-engineered 1-inch capsule, the LCT 840 stands for exceptionally warm and classic, solid vintage sound. Perfectly suited for miking vocals and instruments, this rugged multi-purpose mic allows for highly nuanced and authentic sound reproduction in the studio and even on stage. Five switchable polar patterns - omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide-cardioid and super-cardioid - make the LCT 840 a highly versatile tool for professional audio engineers and performers looking for true and authentic tube sound.
Like all LEWITT mics, the LCT 840 stands out for its extremely low self-noise level of 9 dB and effective rejection of off-axis sounds. The microphone features two levels of attenuation and two switchable low-cut frequencies, LEDs and pushbuttons for noiseless handling on the power supply unit (PSU).
Apart from user-friendly operating controls and advanced technological features so essential to memorable recordings, the LCT 840 also makes an eye-catching design statement: The mic is equipped with a plexiglass inspection window on the front side of the body, so the illuminated tube itself is fully exposed. The inside window surface is coated with a highly conductive, yet transparent film preventing electromagnetic interference.
In short: The unique combination of innovative design, high-end technology and tube-typical sound quality ensures magic takes.
- High-precision 1-inch capsule combined with a dual triode tube ensures beautifully detailed, smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Wide dynamic range of 130 dB-A and extremely low self-noise of 9 dB-A
- Five directional characteristics - cardioid, omni-directional, figure-8, broad-cardioid and super-cardioid - offer maximum flexibility
- User-friendly jog-dial for selecting the desired polar pattern
- Solid die-cast body with a stylish, specially coated inspection window for optimal protection against electromagnetic interference
- Noiseless pushbuttons for attenuation and HPF selection
- Key-lock, clipping history and automatic attenuation
- Illuminated user interface for quick and easy handling
- Comes in an elegant black aluminium case with foam layers; includes PSU 840 power supply unit with full-metal housing and milled, anodized black aluminium front, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors to connect microphone to the PSU, LCT 40 Wxx windscreen, User Manual, Poster, Warranty Card, Sticker