The MC-3+ Smart Clock is developed to significantly improve the audiophile quality of connected digital audio devices in two ways: At first by clocking devices with ultra-low-jitter Word Clock signals and secondly by aggressively re-clocking incoming digital audio signals.
- Incorporates MUTEC's unique 1G-Clock Technology for lowest jitter possible
- Improves audiophile quality of any connected digital audio device
- Re-clocks digital audio most aggressively
- Raises clearly audible the sound quality of any DA converter
- Eliminates digital "Clicks and Pops"
- Enhances existing master clocks
- Digitally-compensated clock accuracy for highest precision of the generated clocks
- Locks to 10 MHz clock signals of so-called Atomic clocks or GPS receivers
- Outputs clock signals fail-safe in any state of operation
- Generates Word Clocks, Super Clocks, AES3 + S/P-DIF blanks simultaneously
- Converts between AES3 and S/P-DIF as well as between AES11 and Word Clock
- Generates Word Clocks up to 768.0 kHz
- New-designed, simple user interface
- Front panel lock-out for preventing misuse
- Rack-space-saving 9.5" housing
- Built-in, international power supply
Enhancement of Sound Quality by high-resolution Audio Re-Clocking
It is widely known that a master clock changes the sound quality of digital audio devices more or less to a higher level. But carving out finest audio details in your recordings to reproduce individual instruments as clear as possible and to raise the precision of their positions within the spatial sound to a maximum is possible at best with high-resolution re-clocking of your digital audio material. That is what MUTEC's new audio re-clocking algorithms paired with the 1G-Clock technology perform in the MC-3+ Smart Clock. Thus, the sensing of the incoming audio is carried out with highest resolution which leads to ultimate precision during merging the audio data with the new ultra-low-jitter clock. The result is unparalleled richness of details and spatiality of the re-clocked audio material.
The real next Step in Audio Clock Generation
While others argue for their products with standardly known technical aspects, MUTEC really sets the benchmark of digital audio clocking to a higher level using the proprietary 1G-Clock technology for the first time in the MC-3+ Smart Clock. Running a frequency synthesis on a specifically calculated high clock rate, eliminates completely typical jitter inducing artifacts which are present in all standardly implemented DDS processes. Additionally, we took a look around the clock generation circuit and developed totally new ultra-low-noise power supplies and PCB design rules aligned to high-speed communication technologies to virtually eliminate all electrical noise. Thus, the new 1G-Clock technology helps you to bring jitter down to an unique low level, which leads to unprecedented transparency in your audio recordings.
Usability in Studio and Live Event Environments
The new MC-3+ Smart Clock works not only as generator, but also as clock distributor. Unlike other products, the MC-3+ effectively regenerates incoming clock signals to higher purity as the signal source. This helps to stabilize already existing clock systems and improves the level of sound reproduction quality in your studio environment. In cases when the MC-3+'s digitally-compensated clock accuracy is not sufficient, it is possible to lock the system to references of higher accuracy like so-called Atomic clocks or GPS receivers to raise the timing accuracy to the highest possible level. Additional to that, for the use during live events or in mobile trucks, the MC-3+ features anytime-fail-safe clock generation in every state of operation. Entering the hold-over-mode and re-synchronization of returning clock references is carried out so smoothly that live recordings will surely not be affected. Thus, the new MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock ensures flawless synchronization of connected devices at any time, while enhancing the sound of your audio production impressively.