The M3G allows for easy multi-channel audio monitoring—such as surround sound or multiple-language dialog tracks—to external monitor speakers without having to piece together a system using discrete de-embedders, analog level controllers, mixers, etc. The M3G does it all in one easy-to-use solution. The built-in optional output module slot allows additional capabilities to be added easily, for example, adding AES outputs to drive digital monitor speakers or external meters.
The M3G de-embeds the audio from any ancillary audio group present in a SMPTE SD/HD/3G SDI video stream. Up to eight channels of audio from any two groups may be monitored efficiently using the front panel, the remote GUI or automation API.
- SD/HD/3G auto-detect SDI input with active loop-through
- Eight professional balanced Analog line-level outputs
- 2 Channels Analog Input
- Headphone Output
- Optional output module slot for additional Digital or Analog outputs
- Digital Audio Delay
- Audio Delay user interface via front panel
- Sub-channel output mode
Multi-Channel SDI Audio Monitoring Made Simple
While the space available in many edit suites continues to decrease, the audio requirements seem only to increase. The transition to 4K and 8K brings with it the need to edit and monitor audio in 6 or more channels. Multi-lingual production, multiple bounce tracks for dialog and effects, conformance editing and other typical video editing operations commonly overwhelm simple monitoring solutions designed primarily for music production.
M3G Application Diagram M3G GUI
Renegade has packed the M3G with a number of other features the video professional will also find invaluable:
* Monitor Knob with Unity Indicator allows for level adjustments of all eight audio monitor outputs simultaneously.
* Headphone Outputs can be used to monitor the audio separate from the main outputs.
* SDI Group Status indicators give indication of which audio groups are active in the incoming SDI stream.
* 3.5mm Stereo Auxiliary Input allows PC or mobile devices to feed the monitors.
* 8 panel snapshot memory registers are available for storing room or show setups.
* Remote Control GUI allows the M3G to be controlled from a PC, saving desktop space.
Of course, the audio must also sound as good as the video looks. Clean and vibrant sound is vital in assuring that both clients and operators—and ultimately the home or theatrical consumer—experience the maximum impact from a video production. Renegade strives to deliver nothing but the finest in audio design, using top-of-the-line chipsets and circuits in order to produce the most brilliant audio performances possible. All audio I/O in the M3G is 24-bit, with noise and distortion specs among the best in the industry.
The powerful and affordably-priced M3G SDI Audio Monitoring System is a perfect fit for Video Editing Suites, OB trucks, QC bays–or any place where SDI audio must be monitored. Download a brochure, or set up a demo of the M3G with one of our distribution partners, and experience for yourself the sound of Audio for Video the Renegade way!