The MKH 800 TWIN is a universal studio condenser microphone of exceptional quality. It includes a dual capsule consisting of two symmetrical push-pull transducers with high linearity. This is a "side fire" microphone with the two cardioid pick-up patterns of the transducer aligned back-to-back across the axis of the microphone. The signals of both transducers are not combined in the microphone in order to generate differing pick-up patterns but are available separately as two channels at the microphone output. This allows the pick-up patterns of the MKH 800 TWIN to be remotely adjusted. The signals can be combined in any desired way in the mixing console in order to create all pick-up patterns from omni-directional to figure-8 with an infinite number of intermediate stages. Based on the legendary MKH 800, this microphone opens up to a new dimension of studio recordings.
- Color: Nextel grey
- The remote adjustability and the variable pick-up patterns make the MKH 800 TWIN a universal main microphone, soloist microphone or supporting microphone.
- The pick-up patterns can be set and optimized under monitoring conditions. In other words, it is not necessary to fix the pick-up patterns definitively before recording.
- A wide range of mixes for stereo and surround are possible (including in parallel).
- Saving of the microphone signals in two channels also allows an unlimited range of mixes to be realized at a later date.
- The high sensitivity ensures interference-free signal paths as a result of high signal levels. The inherent noise of downstream microphone amplifiers is thus of minor importance.
- Very low inherent noise prevents the masking of filigree sound structures. The depth of the acoustic can be heard more clearly too.
- High linearity of the transducers minimizes the signal distortions and ensures the transparency of the sound even at high sound levels.
- The frequency response extends to 50 kHz, thus improving the resolution for complex acoustic details.
- Stable pick-up patterns minimise sound distortion in the direct and diffuse field.
- Negative acoustic effects caused by the housing and the sound inlet basket are minimized.
- The small, slim design and the optionally dark housing design (Nextel) make it visually unobtrusive.
- MKH 800 TWIN studio condenser microphone
- MZQ 80 microphone clamp
- MZS 80 shock mount
- AC 20 adapter cable (1 x XLR-5 socket to 2 x XLR-3 connector)
- User manual
- Aluminum transport case