The RS500i is a 5.25-inch, two-way, ported speaker with an open-ceiling enclosure design that delivers effective low-end response (61 Hz) and 105º offaxis performance (2 to 10 kHz, independently verified). SoundTube’s proprietary BroadBeam® waveguide tweeter system delivers consistent high-performance audio coverage across the operating bandwidth. The RS500i speaker design incorporates a low-profile grille, proprietary motor-board and a six-position tap switch with transformer bypass position. Hanging hardware is included and features SpeedClamp™ self-locking wire grip for fast, easy and secure installation.
- Patented BroadBeam® waveguide technology delivers a consistent dispersion pattern up to 10 kHz for maximum coverage area per speaker (EASE™documented).
- One 5.25 inch (133 mm) polypropylene woofer and one 1.0 inch (25 mm) convex titanium tweeter with FerroFluid cooling mounted to a proprietary castaluminum baffle and heat sink.
- Weatherized components for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Includes UL listed hanging hardware with cables and integrated SpeedClamp™ self-locking wire grip for fast, easy and secure installation. Also includes Euro-block connector and terminal weather boot.
- Patented ZeroReflection™ enclosure technology for optimal sound reproduction and cabinet rigidity.
- Easy-access, six-position selectable tap switch for 25-, 70.7- and 100-volt applications with a transformer bypass position simplifies ordering and inventory tracking.
- Plated steel grille with protective powdercoated finish for lasting durability.
- Average senitivity 86.5 dB offers highoutput capabilities and reduced amplification costs.
- UL 1480 (UEAY), CE and Milspec 810 approved.
- High-quality black or white paint finish. Custom paint colors optional.
- Optional accessory: AC-RS-SM5 surface mount bracket
Designed for indoor and outdoor background to mid-level SPL applications, the RS500i includes a single-point mounting system for rapid open-ceiling installations. The broad dispersion pattern (105º) and high sensitivity (86.5 dB 1 W/1 m) make the RS500i speaker ideal for music and paging applications in retail, grocery stores, restaurants, hotels, casinos, museums, trade shows and conference rooms. For applications where additional bass is required, SoundTube’s RS1001i-II-T 10-inch subwoofer provides bass down to 38 Hz.
BroadBeam® Wide Dispersion Technology
SoundTube’s proprietary BroadBeam® technology incorporates a highfrequency waveguide mated to a 1-inch convex titanium tweeter. The BroadBeam® high-frequency waveguide delivers a consistent dispersion pattern across the upper registers of the frequency spectrum (up to 10 kHz, independently verified). The result is better edge-to-edge coverage, reduced power needs, shorter installation time and cost savings on shipping and labor.