Designed for what you need today and tomorrow, Media Composer is the most used video editing software across the media and entertainment industry. And now its modern new design and evolutionary tools give storytellers more creative freedom and flexibility than ever before, whether you're a professional or just starting your career. From its intuitive workspaces and advanced finishing and delivery tools, to a more powerful media engine and customizable role-based toolset, the new Media Composer provides an inviting and inspired way to work. So you can complete projects more creatively and collaboratively. In the highest quality. On time and on budget. It's Media Composer-but reimagined for more.
- Accelerate your workflow with the new Universal Media Engine, which removes reliance on QuickTime to deliver better media importing, playback, editing, and export performance
- Modify multiple rows of a bin column at once with new bulk editing capabilities, enabling you to add text to clip names, append counter numbers to clip text, or even auto-generate a Comments column based on existing text, saving hours of manual work
- Make quick bulk changes to clip information or statuses with multi-select capabilities
- Get a birds-eye view of an entire 128-track sequence with the Timeline Sequence Map, enabling faster navigation without scrolling or changing the view size
- Create and select projects more easily and see what's new in Media Composer with the new Project window*
- Select all muted clips in a sequence for easy identification and modification, and even unmute them all at once
- Quickly strip silence from clips in a couple clicks to clean-up and separate sound elements
- Quickly identify specific bins visually by applying any bin's background color to its bin tab
- Create and work with titles faster and more easily with many new Titler+ improvements
- Easily create content for mobile video platforms and social media with new 9x16 and 1:1 Mask Margins and FrameFlex framing presets*
- Fine-tune color with more precision with the ability to make more granular gain value adjustments when working in ACES spaces, which also includes 15 new output color spaces*
- Edit and mix audio easily when using an Avid S1 control surface and/or the free Avid Control mobile app with support for audio metering and more video editing tasks
- Take advantage of the latest Mac Pro computer power with support for macOS Catalina
Edit at the speed of your imagination
With its redesigned interface, the new Media Composer provides an intuitive user experience, giving you creative freedom and speed to produce better stories. Access the tools you need, when you need them, with task-oriented workspaces. Find media faster with efficient bin mapping and navigation. And work more fluidly with the clean, modern UI, which features a smart panel interface that simplifies the complexity, keeping your workspace clutter-free, so you can stay focused on what matters most. Your story.
Finish and deliver with precision
Media Composer is a complete video editing and finishing solution in one, so you can be confident in your content delivery, whether you complete projects entirely in Media Composer or roundtrip to other applications. With the 32-bit floating point color pipeline, OpenEXR encoding and decoding, and ACES (Academy Color Encoding System) color space support, you can finish high-res and HDR projects with total color precision and interoperability, ensuring pristine picture quality throughout your workflow. Plus, IMF packaging tools make OTT-destined content a speedy delivery.
Get more power at your fingertips
Media Composer features a new and more powerful Universal Media Engine that delivers even greater performance and format support to speed up and extend your workflow. Get right to work with whatever media comes your way with native support for a wider range of formats, including OP1a. And keep working-not waiting-with the Distributed Processing option, which lets you offload processor-intensive rendering and transcoding tasks to other networked machines.
Customize your tools for any role
A lot goes into training teams across large media organizations. And a lot can go wrong. That's why we created Media Composer | Enterprise-the industry's first role-specific video editing and finishing solution. With the unique ability to customize the interface for any role in your organization-from craft editors and assistants, to loggers and journalists-you can provide only the tools and access needed to do their job. You get unparalleled security and control over your assets and workspaces, and teams gain better focus so they can complete projects faster, with fewer mistakes.
Bend the interface to your will
With its panel-driven interface, Media Composer lets you set up your workspace the way you like to work. No other video editing solution provides this level of customization. And now you can...
- Keep your interface windows and layout locked in the same relative positions and sizes with blank panels that fill in the empty space whenever you close a tool or panel, keeping surrounding elements from shifting in and disrupting your editing muscle memory
- Tune the brightness of the timeline and metadata viewer windows to your environment and liking with new sliders
- Map the tools in the bottom toolbar in the timeline, giving you even more flexibility
- Adjust fonts, font sizes, and the splitter the way you want in the Effect Palette
Work on Apple ProRes projects end to end on Windows
Like Mac users, Windows users can now create, edit, collaborate, and export ProRes media natively with full decoding (read/playback) and encoding (write/export) support for Apple's video compression format. Get all the same macOS Media Composer ProRes functionality on a PC, including .MOV export, MXF OP1a, and MXF OP-Atom workflows.