The JK Audio innkeeper PBX is a professional telephone / audio interface that converts any multi-line PBX, ISDN or analog telephone into a broadcast, talk-show style console. The Innkeeper PBX connects between the handset and telephone base, incoming calls can be screened using the telephone handset.
A front panel button marked "Broadcast" disables the handset and enables signal flow from the XLR Send input. This provides talk show style control for radio and television broadcast. 16-bit digital processing eliminates the signal "bleed" that occurs over phone lines, isolating the incoming and outgoing audio signal paths. The front panel features individual level control of Send 1, Send 2 and Caller audio signal. The rear of the unit features mic/line switchable XLR input, XLR caller output, 1/8" (3.5mm) mini mix output, 1/8" (3.5mm) mini Send 2 input. Key Features
- Talk-Show Style Monitoring
- The Inkeeper PBX is an audio / telephone interface that converts multi-line PBX, ISDN and analog phones into talk-show style broadcast consoles. The unit features Handset and Broadcast switches that allow incoming calls to be screened and cued before broadcasting.
- Mic / Line Level Switchable Send
- Balanced XLR-female or 1/8" (3.5mm) mini Send inputs send audio through the telephone line to the caller. The balanced input features a mic / line level switch for direct connection of a microphone or console output.
- Handset Selector
- A handset selector switch enables compatibility with electret, carbon or dynamic handsets.
- Send and Receive Level LEDs
- 3-segment Send and Receive LED meters provide an accurate display of Send and Caller levels.
- Headphone Monitoring
- A 3.5mm mini stereo headphone jack is located on the front panel. The output also provides a dedicated level control and is useful for sending a mixed stereo signal to recorders or amplifiers.
Innkeeper PBX easily converts your multi-line PBX type telephone system into a professional, affordable talk show console. Simply connect between your telephone handset and the phone base. So simple, anyone can do it.
Talk Show: Connect Innkeeper PBX between your console and your existing multi-line telephone. Your producer can screen callers from another phone while you take callers on the air by simply selecting available lines on your phone.
Interviews: Use Innkeeper PBX in your newsroom to record high quality interviews. Connect a mic and headphones to your PBX telephone while maintaining excellent separation between your voice and the caller. You can upload your recorded interview to your podcast.
Conference Room: Easily connect your PA system to the existing PBX telephone system. The echo canceller algorithm can prevent feedback and allow full duplex conversations.
The digital hybrid connects audio signals to your PBX type telephone system through the telephone handset cord. The Digital Signal Processor (DSP) continuously monitors both transmit and receive audio signals to deliver excellent separation. This proprietary, dual-convergence echo canceller algorithm can achieve excellent separation without any setup, and without sending a noise burst down the line.
Innkeeper PBX provides connections for a microphone, headphones, mixer, sound card, and telephone handset. The stereo output jack on the back of the unit provides your voice on one channel and only the caller's voice on the other channel. The balanced XLR output jack contains only the caller's voice. The Handset and Broadcast buttons select between talking on the handset, or sending and receiving through the audio connections.
- Excellent separation of caller and talent voice
- 16 bit DSP technology
- Proprietary auto null algorithm, 50 dB null
- XLR input (mic/line switch)
- 3.5 mm line input
- XLR caller output
- 3.5 mm line output
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Send & Receive LEDs
- Switch selects between electret, dynamic, and carbon handset types