Includes 2 x KH 80 DSP monitors and MA 1 calibration kit.
Neumann’s Automatic Monitor Alignment MA 1 ensures the best possible sound quality in any room – from home studios to professional control rooms. Using the individually calibrated measurement microphone your acoustic environment is analyzed in a guided process. Advanced calibration algorithms, jointly developed with the world's leading institute in audio processing, Fraunhofer IIS, guarantee an optimally adapted amplitude and phase correction for exact and reliable monitoring.
- Calibration algorithms jointly developed with Fraunhofer IIS
- For stereo setups with KH 80 DSP and all pairs of analog (non DSP-based) Neumann monitors using the KH 750 DSP subwoofer
- Individually calibrated measurement microphone
- Room adaptive target curve
- Phase and amplitude optimization for analog Neumann monitors
- For Mac and PC
RELIABLE MONITORING ANYWHERE
Neumann’s Automatic Alignment is a dedicated tool for stereo sets of KH 80 DSP monitors with or without the KH 750 DSP as well as two non DSP-based KH-Line monitors connected to the analog outputs of a KH 750 DSP subwoofer. Unlike conventional correction software it is an integrated solution with novel algorithms, jointly developed with the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS) specifically for Neumann studio monitors. No plug-in or special audio driver is required: Alignment data is stored and processed within the DSP-powered monitors themselves. As a unique benefit, the software not only optimizes the amplitude response but also optimizes the phase. This provides highest accuracy in terms of tonality and impulse reproduction.
HOW IT WORKS
In a first step, acoustic data of the listening environment is gathered in a guided process. No special acoustic knowledge is required. Simply connect your Neumann monitors to the outputs of your audio interface or monitor controller. Additionally, your DSP-based KH-line monitors must also be connected to your computer’s ethernet port. For multiple connections, a standard ethernet switch will do.
Now plug the measurement microphone into your microphone input. This microphone was specifically developed for this software and is individually calibrated by it. The software will guide you through the measurement process.
From the measured data, the software ascertains the room’s acoustic properties. The individual correction parameters are generated according to a room-specific target curve calculated by the software. Neumann's decades of experience in calibrating monitoring systems in studio control rooms has been incorporated into this process. Of course, you can modify the target curve to your needs.
Additionally, the alignment process ensures an optimal summation in the low frequencies when a subwoofer is used.
All resulting correction parameters are stored and processed in the DSP-powered monitors. So there is nothing to worry about anymore, no plug-ins, no driver issues. And no additional cables, either: Once the alignment process is completed, the ethernet connections are not required anymore.
Using the KH 750 DSP subwoofer, stereo sets of analog KH-Line monitors, too, can be used with the Automatic Monitor Alignment Software. The KH 750 DSP has enough processing power to align the entire system including the two analog loudspeakers connected to its outputs. Additionally, KH 120, KH 310, and KH 420 loudspeakers profit from phase linearization of their built-in crossover filters! The result is increased clarity, a dry bass, and a time-correct, more accurate depiction of reverbs and acoustic spaces.
- 1 pair of KH DSP loudspeakers or 1 KH 750 DSP subwoofer in combination with a pair of analog (non-DSP based) KH loudspeakers
- Neumann MA 1 measurement microphone
- Computer (Windows 10 64 Bit and macOS 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15)
- Audio interface with balanced analog input with 48 V phantom power and 2 balanced analog outputs or digital AES3 output (only with KH 750 DSP)
- Network switch
- Screen resolution of 1280×720 px or higher
- Operating system: Windows 10 64 Bit and macOS 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15
- Neumann Automatic Monitor Alignment software
- ASIO driver (for Windows)
The following loudspeakers and subwoofers are network-enabled and can be controlled directly by the software:
The following loudspeakers are not network-enabled and need to be connected via a network-
enabled subwoofer in order to be included in the system setup.
- KH 120 A
- KH 120 D
- KH 310 A
- KH 310 D
- KH 420/KH 420 + DIM 1
The KH 80 DSP two-way active bi-amplified monitor features a DSP engine with network control, a Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ Waveguide (MMD™), an analogue input and an extensive range of mounting hardware. This allows the loudspeaker to be used in diverse acoustical conditions, with any source equipment and in a wide variety of physical locations. The KH 80 represents the latest in acoustic and electronic simulation and measurement technologies to ensure the most accurate sound reproduction possible.
The KH 80 DSP is designed for use as a near-field monitor, as a front loudspeaker in small multi-channel systems, or as a rear loudspeaker in a compact multi-channel systems. It can be used in project and music studios, broadcast centers, OB vans, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering. It is also well suited for use in domestic environments.
- New in-house simulated drivers with metal grilles
Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear (harmonic and intermodulation) distortion Driver cones protected from accidental physical damage by robust metal grilles
- Powerful alloy fabric tweeter dome
Low-distortion high-frequency reproduction
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide, with wide horizontal and narrow vertical dispersion
Smoother off-axis response, More forgiving of diverse acoustical environments Freedom of movement across the mixing console Reduces reflections off the mixing console
- Long throw composite sandwich cone bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™)
Damping of break-up modes and low distortion at high sound levels Linear pistonic motor gives a very low harmonic distortion even at high excursions
- Two-color + dimmable Neumann logo displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system
Dimmable for low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
- Compact polycarbonate composite cabinet
No standing wave resonances,
Fastest bass transient response,
Reduced intermodulation distortion in midrange
- Large front panel ports
Reduced bass compression and easier to mount in tight spaces such as OB vans and small studios
- One-piece front panel with no discontinuities
Reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
- Powerful highly efficient amplifiers with large headroom
Improved transient response
Low heat dissipation
- Independent thermo limiters for woofer and tweeter to protect the voice coils and power amplifiers. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
Fast acting, high reliability and allows extraction of the maximum performance from the system
- Production consistency due to individual alignment in final test
Any one KH 80 DSP unit is "pair-matched" to any other KH 80 DSP unit
- 4-position low-mid acoustical control
Fast acoustical set up in mobile applications
- 8 x Precision Alignment acoustical controls accessible via control network
Accurate and flexible alignment of the loudspeaker in the room and within systems
- Lipsync delay (0 ... 70 ms)
To align audio and video signals up to 1.75 frames at 50 Hz or 2.1 frames at 60 Hz
- Time-of-flight delay (0 ... 70 ms)
To compensate for listening distance differences up to 24 m (79 ft)
- Linear phase crossover, with bypass
Flat phase response and can by bypassed to give a similar phase response to an analog loudspeaker
- Wide range input gain and output level controls
Easier interfacing with signal sources
- Control network used standard Ethernet components
No additional special equipment needed.Brings setup, alignment and operation functions via the Neuman.Control software
- Completely symmetrical internal signal chain
Minimizes noises caused by external electromagnetic interference
- Double insulated electrical design
Ground loops are impossible
- Universal switched-mode power supply (100 ... 240 V)
One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply
- Extensive mounting hardware options
More flexibility in mounting cabinets in more diverse locations and backwards compatibility with previous models