NEXO has always been well-known for its compact and very powerful versatile point source speakers, ideal in both FOH and wedge application. This expertise is now applied to the P8, featuring a new extremely powerful coaxial 8” speaker and lots of innovation, making it unique in its category.
- Extremely powerful (129 dB peak) point source that can be used for FOH or monitor, with or without its companion sub the L15.
- Lightweight (12 kg / 26.5 lbs) design using custom made 15 mm Birch and Poplar bent plywood.
- Modular directivity: from the Standard 100°x100° horn to the rotating 110°x60° in a few seconds.
- Quick release Magnelis® steel grille for easy access to the magnetic horns.
- Dual ultra-low distortion shaped bass port.
- Comprehensive range of versatile, accessories for deploying the P8 in a wide variety of applications for both touring and fixed installation.
Advanced NEXO technology included
The P8 enclosure is uses a 15 mm custom made bent plywood shell, with poplar veneer for the inside layers and birch on the outside. The result is a robust enclosure with exceptionally good sound quality and light weight.
The bass-reflex tuning is done through two computer optimized shaped port which guarantee ultra-low distortion even at very high level.
Two large comfortable handles on each side (on Touring version only) hold a 35 mm pole stand adapter and a Speakon® connector for discrete
connection when on pole stand or in wedge monitor mode.
The back plate holds two other Speakon® connectors.
The custom-designed coaxial driver with a 2.5” voice coil for the 8” LF driver and a 1.5” diaphragm for the HF motor is the heart of the P8 and responsible both for its smooth, clean sound and impressive power.
The cooling system of the LF driver has been carefully designed to ensure outstanding power handling for a speaker in this category.
One box fits all applications
Thanks to its fully symmetric design, there is no left or right version of the P8 and all speakers in inventory can be the same. To match even more precisely every possible application the directivity of the P8 can be changed in seconds through the addition of an optional magnetic horn.
As standard, the P8 uses a 100°x100° horn, but the front steel grille can be quickly removed without tools (on Touring version only) and the optional rotatable 110°x60° horn can be fitted to change the dispersion characteristics of the P8. For each horn a dedicated setup is available on the NXAMP powered controller to ensure perfect coverage at any frequency.
P8 acoustic phase response is NEXO phase signature allowing inter-operability between all NEXO speakers at all crossover points, except for the monitor setups where latency is minimized.