The PMC8 SUB is a true low-frequency reference monitor which extends the bass response of your speaker system, imparting more of PMC's signature ultra-clean, ultra-fast low end to any setup.
The PMC8 SUB can be used as a compact stand-alone subwoofer within conventional multichannel systems, or as an XBD cabinet, creating a full-range PMC6 XBD midfield monitor. When used in this way, the dedicated 'XBD' DSP mode marries the speakers and sub unit together, creating a coherent full-range system. These subs are also perfectly suited to use in multi-channel and immersive systems, as the ATL™ bass-loading technology provides a gentler low-order LF roll-off than conventional ported cabinets, allowing a smoother, seamless integration between the height and surround channels and the sub.
Featuring one custom eight-inch long-throw bass-driver, the PMC8 SUB is powered by a single 300W Class-D amplifier and controlled by the same powerful DSP engine as PMC's other active models. DSP facilities include sophisticated room boundary equalisation options, parametric EQ, time delay, phase inversion, and the unique XBD mode, all configured via the loudspeaker’s rear panel or the browser-based SoundAlign™ software.
- Active subwoofer with an 8-inch bass driver and ATL™ bass loading
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 500Hz (- 3dB) (@1m full space, on-axis)
- Max. cont. SPL: 109dB @1m (quarter space value calculated as +3dB from half space measurement.
Unweighted input,20-20kHz Pink Noise (IEC) with 12dB CF for 2 hours AES2-1984 duration)
- State-of-the-art Class-D amplifier: 300W
- Analogue/AES3 digital input (16/24-bit, 18 -192kHz sample rate)
- Digital 'through' output (AES3 24-bit 96kHz)
- SoundAlign™ network control interface for single or group EQ and settings
- Sophisticated DSP driver protection, EQ, and delay/phase options
- Dedicated XBD configuration mode