The CU-44x MK II has a revolutionary design featuring two titanium matched capsules for low and high, with 100 volt internal power for super wide dynamic range and headroom. The transformerless design, with a slight bump above 14kHz gives a very pleasing air in the high end with remarkable transient response. Perfect for vocals, overheads, and acoustic instruments delivering a very pleasing natural sound. Match this with a modern preamp for ultra-low noise and a sonic clarity that is immediately obvious to the ear.
The CU-44X MK II compares very favorably with the older vintage mics in the bottom end but has a much more pleasing high end. This mic has a proven record of great recordings on vocals or instruments. The unique dual-capsule Sanken CU-44X Mk II sports a versatile cardioid pattern ideal for a wide range of recordings. The ability to withstand high SPLs insures clean, distortion-free recording on explosive percussion and other instruments with harsh dynamics. When used in pairs, the result is impeccably clear stereo imaging.
The CU-44X MkII features a specially designed double titanium capsule with a unique mounting scheme that guarantees phase coherency – a larger one for the bass and a smaller one for the high frequencies. They are immune to the effects of humidity and temperature change, resulting in totally consistent response, regardless of the recording environment. The CU-44X Mk II’s frequency response is totally flat – on axis, at 90 degrees – essential in maintaining sonic transparency.
- Transformerless design for high transient, natural and uncolored sound with vivid sonic imagery
- Internal high voltage power supply for wide dynamic range and headroom
- Low noise
- Dual coherent titanium membranes immune to the effects of humidity and temperature change
- Superior off-axis response
- Smooth cardioid polar pattern
- Withstands high SPL
- Flat frequency response (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Acoustic Guitar
- Background or Chorus Vocals
- Brass and Woodwind
- Drums Close Mic
- Electric/Bass Guitar Amps
- Orchestra Solo
- Sound Design, Effects and ATMOS
- Upright Bass