Although the VX 5.2 is the smallest Dual Concentric full range loudspeaker in the VX range, it boasts an exceptional performance-to-size ratio. VX 5.2 provides a compact, yet punchy and sonically articulate solution for small-scale performance sound reinforcement, as well as more demanding background music and high-intelligibility speech applications where clarity and natural vocal reproduction are paramount. Thanks to its twin driver design and flexible mounting options, the VX 5.2 is also ideally suited for use complimenting much larger systems, making it an excellent choice for both installed and portable applications.
- Full range multi-purpose sound reinforcement loudspeaker for portable and installation applications
- 130 Watts continuous, 520 Watts peak power
- 5" Dual Concentric full range driver for point source phase coherence
- 5" low frequency driver for extended bass response
- Precise 120° H x 90° V dispersion for optimum coverage and forward projection
- Ideal for FOH, floor monitor, delay and stage front fill applications
- Vented and internally braced plywood enclosure
- Finished with hard wearing semi matt black paint finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- M6 pole mount socket for small-scale portable PA
- Optional horizontal mounting yoke (available separately)
- Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link output
Dual Concentric Driver
The 520-Watt 125 mm (5 in) version of TANNOY’s VX Series point source loudspeakers, VX 5.2’s constant directivity Dual Concentric drive unit technology ensures high power output with high sensitivity and exceptional efficiency. VX 5.2 delivers a well defined 120 degree horizontal by 90 degree vertical dispersion for optimum coverage, exceptional forward gain plus the added benefit of improved low-mid extension from the twin driver configuration. An additional 125 mm (5 in) low frequency driver is employed to provide extended bass response.
VX 5.2’s trapezoidal enclosure design provides a multitude of placement options including: small scale FOH, floor monitor, delay and stage front fill deployment, and more. M6 inserts for an external pole mount socket are provided for placement atop a subwoofer in small-scale portable PA applications. An extensive range of optional VX 5.2 high performance steel mounting hardware (available separately) includes a horizontal yoke bracket, and Omnimount spaced inserts for wall and ceiling installation, and items to facilitate pole-mounting. All hardware has been tested and certified for a greater than 5:1 safety ratio – giving installers complete peace of mind.