Tieline's award winning Genie Distribution is the world's most powerful DSP-based IPaudio codec for multipoint audio distribution over a wide range of wired and wireless IP networks. Designed for the latest digital IP broadcast networks, Genie Distribution is the most feature-packed audio distribution codec with multiple levels of power, audio and network redundancy.
Genie Distribution delivers superior quality audio over IP (AoIP) on LANs, WANs, the internet, satellite IP, 3G, 4G, Wi-MAX and Wi-Fi. It is specifically designed for continuous operation over mission critical audio paths throughout broadcast IP networks. It is ideal for:
- 3 x bidirectional stereo connections, or
- 2 x stereo and 2 x mono bidirectional connections, or
- 1 x stereo and 4 x mono bidirectional connections, or
- 6 x mono bidirectional connections.
- DSP-based architecture designed for 24/7/365 operation
- 24 Bit 96kHz audio sampling (32kHz audio quality)
- Dual 1 Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports with automatic switching for redundancy
- Up to six channels of balanced audio in/out via DB-25 audio expansion connector
- Up to 50 stereo IP multi-unicast connections to individual end-points
- Stereo Multicasting to unlimited end-points over compatible networks
- Auto switching, dual redundant AC power supplies
- Uncompressed PCM audio plus the low-delay, cascade resiliant E-apt-X algorithm
- Other popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG Layer II, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711
- Supports up to 6 simultaneous streams of Opus encoding.
- IPv4 & IPv6 compatible and ready
- Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode*
- Integrated alarm management including automatic silence detection
- G5 Toolbox GUI enables remote codec control over WANs
- Codec Management System compatible for codec network management
Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel
- Programmable software rules engine via a GUI for Control Port functions
- Streamlined codec wizards and GUI for configuration and control
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French and Chinese.
- Connect to all Tieline IP codecs
Genie Distribution is capable of 24bit 96kHz low latency linear PCM audio, delivering unsurpassed sonic clarity. The codec also features a full complement of professional algorithms including the low delay and cascade-resilient E-apt-X algorithm, as well as the popular LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG Layer II, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711 algorithms. Genie Distribution also supports up to 6 simultaneous streams of Opus encoding.
Multiple Backup Options
Genie Distribution features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000), dual redundant power supplies, audio silence detection and IP network backup solutions to ensure you’re always on the air.
An automated network failure detection feature provides switching to a backup IP LAN connection. You can also fail over to backup ISDN or POTS connections as required using optional ISDN or POTS modules. In addition, automatic silence detection can fail over to backup MP2 or MP3 audio files on a thumb-drive drive attached to the codec's USB Host port.
SmartStream: Rock Solid Audio using Inexpensive IP Links
As an IP audio pioneer, Tieline was the first major codec manufacturer to integrate SmartStream features such as Automated Jitter Buffer management, Forward Error Correction (FEC) and error concealment techniques in all IP codecs. These features dynamically respond to variable conditions over unmanaged IP networks like the public internet to ensure reliable streaming.
Now SmartStream PLUS has revolutionised IP broadcasting by delivering the rock solid and reliable STL-grade audio quality you would expect over a T1/E1 link by using inexpensive unmanaged IP networks like the internet for STLs, audio distribution and remotes.
Save Money Now with SmartStream PLUS Redundant Streaming
Tieline can show you how an investment in new codecs will pay for itself in just a few months by using SmartStream PLUS over inexpensive IP links to transport STL-grade, high fidelity audio at a fraction of the cost of synchronous leased lines. With SmartStream PLUS:
The codec can stream simultaneous redundant data streams from both Ethernet ports and deliver seamless redundancy by switching back and forth, without loss of audio, from the nominated primary data link to the backup link if one fails and then subsequently recovers. Note: Use IP links from two different IP network providers for optimal redundancy over mission critical STL connections.
When multiple redundant audio streams are sent, the decoding codec automatically reconstructs audio into a perfect single stream on a first packet arrived basis to ensure audio integrity.
These combined measures ensure Tieline is capable of offering an IP STL solution, in which the payload capability of your network infrastructure is the only limitation to successfully distributing, reliable, high fidelity STL audio across broadcast networks.
SmartStream IP Delivers ...
Some other manufacturers charge thousands of dollars for IP management software like SmartStream as if it's an optional extra, however Tieline believes high performance and rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast, and therefore delivers its renowned SmartStream IP management software for free.
SmartStream PLUS delivers an additional layer of STL-grade redundancy and is available as standard in Tieline Genie Distribution.
Flexibility and Interoperability
Many broadcast networks are transitioning to IP but still require connectivity over ISDN or POTS. Tieline Genie Distribution codecs deliver flexibility by allowing you to connect over ISDN, POTS or IP networks as required. Simply purchase optional ISDN G5 or POTS G5 modules, insert them in the codec and you are ready to connect over ISDN, POTS or IP on demand. Click here to learn more about Tieline ISDN options.
Genie supports both IPv4 and IPv6 (Dual Stack) protocols, so broadcasters can be assured that they have made a smart investment for the future as new networks and technologies emerge over time. Connect over IP with any SIP-enabled IP codec brand that supports the EBU N/ACIP tech 3326 standard, as well as VoIP telephone devices supporting G.711 and G.722.