The feature-set is incredibly advanced for a mixer at this level - it has 23 independent sources to the mix, 10 independent outputs, 4 aux sends, a USB send & return for PC or Mac recording, playback and effects, a unique dual stereo input capability and some very advanced monitoring facilities.
This is a mixer for anyone, from entry-level to professionals, who appreciates fantastic sound, rugged build quality and imaginative feature sets. It'll be equally happy running your gig on stage, recording live or mixing down in your studio at home.We've teamed up with major software supplier, Cakewalk, to bundle its SONAR LE music creation and audio production software with ZED, giving you a fantastic, high spec digital audio workstation. The feature-set is incredibly advanced for a mixer at this level - it has 23 independent sources to the mix, 10 independent outputs, 4 aux sends, a USB send & return for PC or Mac recording, playback and effects, a unique dual stereo input capability and some very advanced monitoring facilities.
In fact, ZED-24 is so packed full of great features that you'd think it would cost much, much more! It can be used for many different tasks, whether in live performance, utilizing plug-in effects via USB, live recording via USB and Cakewalk, studio recording or mixing down to produce your own 2-track recordings. What about the sound quality? Our chief designer, Mike Griffin, has been at the forefront of audio innovation for many years and has developed the designs for our spectacularly successful MixWizard and GL series professional live mixers. Mike is always striving to produce the best possible sound for our mixers, and for ZED has produced the 'DuoPre', a mic preamplifier which sounds as sweet as a nut, as pure as the driven snow. The DuoPre combines an optimised line input circuit together with the microphone preamp circuit so that it will not colour or distort your sound, will give you lots of headroom and give you a truly professional feel.
- Inputs:In all, ZED-24 boasts 129 different controls on its front panel - way more than any of the competition! 16 mic/line channels are provided on ZED-24 - plenty for mics or DI boxes for larger bands or demanding applications requiring more inputs than the ZED-14.
- DuoPreTM:Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, the ZED series has new DuoPreTM pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage
- EQ section :ZED-24 features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency design with MusiQ - optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
- Auxiliary sends:4 aux sends are provided, of which 1&2 are prefade for foldback monitoring, and 3 & 4 post-fade for effects sends
- USB audio flexibility:Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that's it! Quality audio to and from your PC or Mac.
- Build :At this level, most mixers are built using a single, flat PCB with all the pots and switches attached at right angles