The Ashly LX-308B is a true stereo eight channel line level mixer (it may also be used as a sixteen channel mono mixing unit). The LX-308B can be used on its own any time stereo line level sources need to be combined together. Some typical applications for the LX-308B would include boardroom sound systems, multimedia sound distribution, broadcast studios, mobile broadcast units, satellite downlink distribution, and live sound reinforcement or studio sessions.
Each input of the LX-308B has a pair of balanced 1/4 TRS line input jacks, with level and pan controls on the front panel. All inputs may be used either balanced or unbalanced. Channels one and two are switchable for mic or line level to allow the use of microphones directly into those inputs without the need for separate preamplification. An input on/off switch with LED status indicator provides for convenient channel muting when needed. Two five-segment LED meters indicate Left and Right stereo output. Green LED's are used below 0 VU, yellow above 0 VU, and red LED's indicate clipping. The Left and Right clip indicators monitor all internal amplifiers to warn of any possible overload distortion.Features:
- Balanced Inputs and Outputs
- Eight Stereo or Sixteen Mono Inputs
- Individual Left, Right and Mono Outputs
- Channel 1 & 2 Selectable Mic or Line Inputs
- Unity Gain Signal Path Throughout When all Level Controls are Set at Twelve O Clock
- L & R Level Meters w/Clip Indicators Monitor all Internal Amplifiers
- Pre-Master Sub Inputs & Outputs for Linking Multiple Mixers
- Individual Channel Mute Switches
- Stereo Output Mute Switch
- Stereo Headphone Output with Level Control
- U.L. Listed
- Broadcast Studios, Mobile Broadcast Units, Satellite Downlink Distribution, Boardroom Sound Systems, Multimedia Sound Distribution, Concert Sound, Dance/Night Clubs, Bowling Alleys, Churches, Auditoriums, Lecture Halls, Sports Stadiums, Outdoor Festivals.
The LX-308B has both Left and Right outputs on 1/4" TRS phone jacks (all outputs may be used either balanced or unbalanced). Left and Right level controls, variable panning and stereo mute switch are found on the front panel, as is the overall level adjustment for the independent Mono summed output. Stereo headphones may be conveniently connected to the front of the mixer, and this output has its own level control. Pre-Master sub inputs and outputs may be used for linking the LX-308B to other mixers, such as the Ashly MM-508 eight input stereo microphone model.
FRONT PANEL FEATURES:
- Channel Level: This is the individual channel volume control which feeds a channel to the main mix.
- Channel Pan: This control adjusts the position of the channel in the stereo mix.
- Mic/Line Switch: This switch on the first two inputs increases the channel input sensitivity by 30 dB to allow the use of low impedance dynamic microphones.
- On/Off Switch: This switch on each channel will turn the channel completely off allowing the channel level to remain at its desired setting when the input is not needed.
- Output Meters: A pair of peak detecting 6-segment LED meters are used to indicate output level. Green LED's are used below 0 VU, yellow above 0 VU, and red LED's indicate clipping. This meter pair monitors the main stereo output (0 VU = +4dBu). The red clipping LED's also monitor the summing amplifiers, making it possible for these indicators to illuminate even with the stereo output level turned off.
- Stereo Line In to Ch 8: This front panel 3.5mm stereo jack is for a portable audio device input, and is controlled with the channel 8 input level knob. Channel 8 inputs on the back panel can still be used at the same time as the Stereo Line In jack, sharing the same level control.
- Stereo Output Level: This is the main master gain which sets the operating level for the entire mixer. This control does not effect the mono output level.
- Stereo Output Mute: This switch entirely mutes the main stereo output. The headphone and mono output are not affected. This is particularly useful when the LX-308 is used as a sub-mixer.
- Mono Level: This is the master gain control for the mono output, which is the combined signal of the left and right outputs. It has no effect on the stereo output.
- Stereo Headphones Level: This adjusts the volume level of the front panel stereo headphone jack.
- Power LED: This LED lights when the unit is turned on. The AC power switch is located on the back panel.
BACK PANEL FEATURES:
- Inputs: The LX-308B stereo inputs use two 20Kohms balanced 1/4" TRS phone jacks per channel, with (+) signal on the tip, the (-) signal on the ring, and ground on the sleeve. If you wish to drive a mono source into the stereo mix, simply plug your signal into the right channel input. Channels 1 and 2 are switchable to add 30dB gain for low impedance dynamic microphones.
- Sub In: The Sub inputs are nominal 10Kohms unbalanced types on 1/4" phone jacks. They feed directly to the mix busses at a nominal +4dBu level and are useful for coupling multiple mixers.
- Sub Out: The Sub Outputs are unbalanced types on 1/4" phone jacks. Typically, they will feed sub inputs on additional mixers. Nominal operating level is +4 dBu.
- Main Outputs: Right, left, and mono outputs are 200ohms servobalanced on 1/4" phone jacks. Nominal operating level is +4 dBu and maximum headroom is +22dBu.
- Wiring Suggestions: If low level and high level lines (e.g., microphones and mixer line outputs), or if either of these lines and speaker cables are run parallel for long distances, crosstalk may be significant. In fact, the crosstalk (signal leakage between cables) can cause an electronic feedback loop, oscillation, and possibly damage to the equipment. To minimize crosstalk, physically separate low level (microphone) cables from speaker cables by the greatest feasible distance. At any point where cables meet, run low level cables perpendicular to high level or speaker cables. If low and high level or speaker cables must be run parallel and in close proximity to one another, they should be bundled separately.