The FAPSUB-1 adds impressive low frequency response to any full range distributed system. The FAPSUB-1 consists of a highly efficient 8", 8 ohm subwoofer designed and built by AtlasIED to work optimality in the FAPSUB-1 enclosure system. A highly efficient, 3-pole filtering network eliminates unwanted high frequencies from the woofer and provides bass response down to 45Hz (±10dB).
A special low saturation 70.7V/100V transformer is included with 1.9, 3.8, 7.5, 15, 30 and 60 watt primary taps (@70.7V) to match and balance the subwoofer with full range speakers without the need for separate amplification. A convenient front mounted selector switch allows tap selection without the need to remove the speaker from the ceiling. This tap selector switch also includes a transformer bypass setting for 8 ohm direct coupled applications.
- Attractive Grille and Bezel Matches Aesthetics of Other Atlas Sound FAP Series
- Detachable, Phoenix Style, Locking, Four-Pole Connector Provides for Easy Daisy Chain Wiring
- Easy Installation in Drop Tile or Sheetrock Ceilings via C-ring/V-rail Tile Bridge and "Dog Leg" Mounting System (Included)
- Front Mounted Tap Selector Switch for Easy System Tuning Adjustments Includes Transformer Bypass Setting for 8 ohm Direct Coupled Operation
- High-Efficiency, Passive Crossover Network Eliminates the Need for Dedicated Amplifier and/or Active Crossover
- Low Crossover Point Greatly Reduces Localization (Ability of Listener to Identify the Subwoofer Location)
- Uniquely Designed, "Easy Access" Input Panel Design Allows for "Thru" Conduit Runs Using Flexible or Rigid Conduit