Audio-Technica's AT875R is designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition. Audio-Technica's shortest shotgun microphone, it mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and is ideal for use with compact digital cameras. This high-performance microphone offers a narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
The AT875R requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power for operation.Output from the microphone’s XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output phase is “Pin 2 hot” – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2.To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.The high sensitivity of the AT875R assures useful output and an excellent match to most input sources.
In some cases, however, an attenuator such as the Audio-Technica AT8202 may be required between the microphone and preamplifier to avoid overloading sensitive input stages.The microphone is RoHS compliant–free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances.Avoid leaving the microphone in the open sun or in areas where temperatures exceed 110° F (43° C) for extended periods.Extremely high humidity should also be avoided.
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Extremely short length (under 7) ideal for use with compact digital cameras
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Tailored response minimizes camera and handling noise
- Operates on phantom power only