The Bogen PCM2000 is a modular telephone zone paging and control system. By integrating unique, multi-function modules, the PCM2000 offers both incredible flexibility and capability for future expansion. The Bogen PCM2000 Zone Paging System is designed for direct connection to loop start and ground start trunks, to PBX or KEY paging ports which supply DTMF capability, and to analog T/R lines. The unit allows total system amplifier power of up to 250W.
- One zone to 99 zones of simultaneous high-power and low-power paging
- Up to 32 paging zone groups
- Universal analog telephone interface designed for direct connection to loop start and ground start trunks, to PBX or KEY paging ports which supply DTMF capability, and to analog T/R lines
- Modular integration assures reconfiguring and expansion with minimum time and expense
- Optional talkback paging and time-triggered signaling events with PCMTBM module
- Field programmable using DTMF and switches
- Signaling features include night ringer zone group, emergency/shift change zone group, code call zone group
- Emergency All-Facility Override Paging
- Background music assigned per zone; Local Background music sourcing capability
- Relay drivers and AUX contacts included
- Allows total system amplifier power of up to 250W
- Mounting Kit for 2 to 6 modules available as an accessory (RPK84)
- Mounting Kit for up to 10 modules available as an accessory (RPK88)
The PCMCPU module includes a set of DIP switches to set the system ID, a Program/Run switch that allows system programming, a Power jack for 12V DC power, and audio connections for central amplifier, low-power BGM, high-power BGM, emergency/shift change trigger, and auxiliary trigger.
The PCMTIM telephone interface module incorporates a universal interface so that connection to any telephone system is rapid and trouble-free. The module connects to the telephone system via a standard RJ11 plug and port type is selected simply by using slide switches. All other connections are made to built-in terminal blocks. Setup is also easy. Zone group programming, selection of all signaling functions, and all other parameters are set by simply dialing in with a touch-tone telephone. The telephone interface module is equipped with three RJ11 jacks for Override, Page Port/Trunk, and 90V Night Ring/Station. The Night Ringer feature can be activated from 90V ring signal or contact closure. The Page Port/Trunk jack can be used to program the system locally and provides 48V talk battery. The Override feature permits all-zone override paging from a dedicated telephone, trunk, or microphone (with suitable pre-amp).
The PCMZPM zone paging module can operate high-power or low-power paging to self-amplified paging systems (only one type per PCMZPM module). For high-power paging, a single amplifier can be used for paging and supplying background music (when not paging). Background music can also be continuously supplied to all zones not being paged with the addition of a second amplifier. For low-power operation, background music is always supplied to zones not being paged. Each module can also be disconnected from the background music bus and connected to a local background music source.
Two additional zone modules can be added to the basic system to increase capacity to 9 zones. When more than 9 zones are required, a central processor module with power supply and up to 3 zone modules can be assembled as a satellite system. Ten additional 9-zone satellite systems can be installed to bring total capacity to 99 zones. A talkback module (PCMTBM) can also be added to the system to provide hands-free talkback capability. Only one talkback module is required regardless of the number of zones or satellite systems on the PCM2000 system. Relay driver outputs are provided for each zone. Two C-form contact sets are also provided to control the activation of accessory equipment.