Made in France, Twin6 is a 2.5-way monitor offering unrivalled transparency, definition level, dynamics and soundstage precision. Its Focus Mode uses a two-way configuration, preserving the sweet spot when mixing, saving space on the console and simplifying cabling and monitor changes.
In terms of technology and performance, Twin6 boasts an inverted dome Beryllium tweeter with an ‘M’-shaped protective grille, and a woofer with a ‘W’-shaped cone, as well as a frequency range of up to 10 kHz, specially designed for the Focus Mode. All this on top of Focal’s patented Tuned Mass Damper (TMD) technology, which reduces distortion in the 1kHz – 3kHz frequency range by 50%, as well as a high-pass crossover, a disengageable automatic standby mode and a 160Hz crossover for reflections from consoles – making Twin6 an industry-leading monitor.
COMPOSITE ‘W’ SANDWICH CONE
The ‘W’ composite cone is made in France by Focal and allows the frequency response curve to be perfectly optimised. This cone’s unique characteristics of lightness and rigidity control the signal transmission speed within the material. The modulation of the structural foam’s thickness provides very precise control of the cone’s damping quality. When you’re listening, it creates total sound transparency, a very low distortion rate and an excellent phase response.
The Focus Mode enables the loudspeaker to be converted into a one-way full-range monitor, providing a different speaker driver configuration accessed by simply pressing a pedal – as though there were a second pair of studio monitors with a reduced dynamic allowing the mix adaptability to be checked on smaller systems.
- Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: very low directionality, excellent linearity and dynamics
- Optimised baffle tweeter: excellent dispersion control
- Composite sandwich ‘W’-cone: sound neutrality, no distortion
- Focus mode: two monitors in one; 2-way monitor and 1-way full-range monitor (woofer alone)
- Large laminar port: no port noises or distortion
- Automatic disengageable stand-by mode
- Settings: activatable/deactivatable, LF shelving, HF shelving, LPF @ 160Hz