The Genelec 8340A has quickly established itself as the trusted monitoring choice of facilities worldwide. Boasting a 6 1/2 inch woofer plus Genelec’s most efficient Class-D amplification to date, the two-way, Class D bi-amplified monitor represents a finely balanced union of acoustic expertise and SAM™ innovation.
At the heart of the system is an acoustic design shaped by decades of innovation and expertise. Capable of supporting extremely high sound pressure levels, the 8340A features a reflex port design for low-frequency enhancement, plus the colour-free accuracy of the Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™), and on- and off-axis precision thanks to the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™). All this is coupled to the versatility of SAM. Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) 2.0 software allows for the fine adjustment of all monitor settings, while AutoCal™ compensates for detrimental room influences to perfectly calibrate your set-up for your listening environment, no matter if you work in simple stereo or ambitious immersive audio.
The result is the most advanced adaptable monitoring solution available, ideal for all applications including recording studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting.
Management of up to 30 Smart monitors and Smart subwoofers covering all configurations from traditional stereo to immersive audio and more.
Handling both digital and analogue inputs on separate XLR connectors (analog only on 8320).
Level control functions via GLM software master fader or external wired controller for calibrated listening, covering all possible applications.
Flexible control of Solo, Mute, Bypass, Bass Management and expanded audio delay compensation for high definition and broadcast video environments.
Why Guess When you can Be Sure
- Controlled via Genelec’s proprietary Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) network and software, AutoCal provides the industry’s first integrated process for complete automated measurement, analysis and adjustment of every monitor on the network, achieving accurate sound reproduction in just a few clicks.
- AutoCal automatically optimises and aligns each Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer for relative levels, time of flight, subwoofer crossover phase as well as individual room response compensations. Additionally, full manual editing of all acoustic settings remains in the hands of the user for adjustment as required.
- SAM integrates the monitoring system into the listening environment by automatically compensating for most detrimental room influences, particularly the challenging modern reality of compromised room acoustics.
- SAM will rapidly implement a neutral and consistent monitoring environment even in an unfamiliar or improvised working environment, saving you time and cost.
- GLM allows you to switch and compare calibration results with just one click.
- SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provides flexibility when defining a small sweet listening spot or a wider listening area.
- Calibration settings for different listening positions and different listening areas can be instantly recalled with each monitor Group.
- An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active group facilitates precision monitoring of a production’s sound pressure level.
- Designed for flexibility, SAM systems can be used in standalone mode without a computer; all parameters can be stored in each individual Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer if the GLM network needs to be disconnected.