Boasting the highest SPL of the SAM Compact range, yet still crafted to deliver the absolute transparency you expect from Genelec, the 8350A will fit seamlessly into any studio or broadcast environment.
The 8350A is loaded with technologies including the Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™), delivering colour-free accuracy; Class D bi-amplification; a flow optimised reflex port; and the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) for on- and off-axis precision. It’s also a fully backwards compatible member of the Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™) family. Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) 2.0 software allows for the fine adjustment of all monitor settings, while AutoCal™ compensates for detrimental room influences to perfectly calibrate your set-up for your listening environment.
Capable of adapting to suit your workflow in all possible analogue or digital audio applications, the 8350A is the indispensable monitoring solution for professionals.
Management of up to 30 Smart monitors and Smart subwoofers covering all configurations from traditional stereo to immersive audio and more.
Handling both digital and analogue inputs on separate XLR connectors (analog only on 8320).
Level control functions via GLM software master fader or external wired controller for calibrated listening, covering all possible applications.
Flexible control of Solo, Mute, Bypass, Bass Management and expanded audio delay compensation for high definition and broadcast video environments.
Why Guess When you can Be Sure
- Controlled via Genelec’s proprietary Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) network and software, AutoCal provides the industry’s first integrated process for complete automated measurement, analysis and adjustment of every monitor on the network, achieving accurate sound reproduction in just a few clicks.
- AutoCal automatically optimises and aligns each Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer for relative levels, time of flight, subwoofer crossover phase as well as individual room response compensations. Additionally, full manual editing of all acoustic settings remains in the hands of the user for adjustment as required.
- SAM integrates the monitoring system into the listening environment by automatically compensating for most detrimental room influences, particularly the challenging modern reality of compromised room acoustics.
- SAM will rapidly implement a neutral and consistent monitoring environment even in an unfamiliar or improvised working environment, saving you time and cost.
- GLM allows you to switch and compare calibration results with just one click.
- SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provides flexibility when defining a small sweet listening spot or a wider listening area.
- Calibration settings for different listening positions and different listening areas can be instantly recalled with each monitor Group.
- An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active group facilitates precision monitoring of a production’s sound pressure level.
- Designed for flexibility, SAM systems can be used in standalone mode without a computer; all parameters can be stored in each individual Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer if the GLM network needs to be disconnected.