The GS-FW008 is an economical highly versatile belt-pack box designed for use in outside broadcast environments.
- Frequency response: 40Hz to 16kHz >+0.5 to -1dB
- Mic to 4 wire Noise @ Minimum Gain -74 dBu (RMS 22Hz to 22kHz)
- Mic to 4 wire Noise @ Maximum Gain -53 dBu (RMS 22Hz to 22kHz)
- 4 wire in to 4 wire out Noise > -85 dBu (RMS 22Hz to 22kHz)
- Stereo in to Stereo out Noise > -85 dBu (RMS 22Hz to 22kHz)
- Mic Input Gain -43 to -65dB
- Mic + Phantom Power Input Gain -35 to -57dB
- Line input Gain -22 to 0dB
- Phantom Power P12L (12 volt)
- Electronically balanced inputs
- Stereo input impedance > 47K
- Transformer Balanced 4 wire Output
- 4 wire in to 4 wire out loop through gain +/- 0.5dBu
- Stereo in to Stereo out loop through gain +/- 0.5dBu
- GS-FW008 has standard 3 pin XLR for Mic in & 6.35mm Jack for headphone out
- GS-FW008A has 5 pin XLR for combined Mic & Headphones + 6.35mm Jack for headphones
It is powered from 1 x PP3 battery (greater than 10 hours life) and also has an external DC input.
A toggle switch turns the unit on/off and a bright blue LED indicates that the unit is on and flashes when the battery is getting low.
The unit has 1 input switchable between: MIC / LINE / MIC + 12v PHANTOM This input has a gain control for setting the level.
The input is sent via a toggle switch (both latching & momentary) to both a zero dB transformer balanced XLR output and the right channel of stereo output.
There are a further 2 inputs marked 4W and STEREO.
Both of these inputs are mixed together and sent to a headphone amplifier providing the user with monitoring of the incoming audio.
The 4W input (balanced zero level) can be sent to the 4W output if the Interruptible Feed Back (IFB) switch is made.
The stereo input is always fed to the stereo output. The stereo circuit is suitable for use from the output of headphone amplifiers as well as other stereo feeds.
Size: 153 x 43 x 103 mm.
Weight: 490g (excluding battery)