UPMAX ISC builds upon the Hollywood-approved and industry-trusted line of upmixing products from Linear Acoustic, and carries it forward to meet the additional demands introduced by the immersive audio capabilities of Next Generation Audio systems.
Employing a completely new upmixing algorithm, UPMAX ISC can upmix 2-channel, 3-channel, 5.1-channel, and 7.1-channel audio to immersive audio formats including 5.1.4 and 7.1.4. Upmixing to legacy formats including 5.1-channel and 7.1-channel audio is also supported, while content presented in native immersive formats is automatically recognized and passed through without processing. Compensating video delay is included to ensure perfect A/V sync regardless of input format or operating mode.
For live events and broadcasts, UPMAX ISC can be inserted on a mix bus or placed at the output of the mixing console in the OB truck at the venue for upmixing sources including music, effects, and legacy content not natively presented in an immersive format.
UPMAX ISC is equally at home in the airchain at the Network Operations Center to ensure all programming - including commercial and interstitial content - is delivered to the viewer as a consistent immersive experience.
I/O includes auto-sensing 3Gb/s HD/SD-SDI, AES-3, and AES67 to natively support SMPTE ST 2110-30 workflows.
UPMAX ISC includes a 5-button front panel navigation cluster and color LCD display for basic setup and control, plus the convenience of a web-based GUI for full control and monitoring capabilities. Dual autoranging internal power supplies provide redundancy and worldwide compatibility.
- Latest Linear Acoustic UPMAX algorithm
- Upmixing from 2-channel, 3-channel, 5.1-channel, and 7.1-channel to immersive 5.1.4 and 7.1.4 formats
- Upmixing to legacy formats including 5.1 and 7.1
- 3b/s HD/SD-SDI, AES-3, and AES67 I/O to support SMPTE ST 2110-30 workflows
- Optional Quad-Link SDI I/O for 4K video workflows or MADI I/O (mutually exclusive options)
- Dual internal redundant auto-ranging power supplies
- Browser-based remote control