The D SERIES-PSP1A is a compact active loudspeaker that delivers rich, detailed sound in Decora-compatible wall or chassis mounts. It is a single-pair audio amplifier module compatible with RDL Format A twisted pair products. The PSP1A receives audio and 24 Vdc power through a rear-panel RJ45 jack. A rear-panel switch set during installation determines which of the three FORMAT-A pairs is amplified. Amplification is provided by a high-efficiency Class D power stage with audio filtering tailored for crisp, pleasant audio clarity. The high-efficiency Class D output stage produces negligible heat for all levels of expected voice or music modulation. The amplified output level is controlled by a front-panel volume control. The PSP1A includes an analog compressor/limiter that makes higher average sound output levels possible without clipping.
- Exceptional Audio Quality for Ultra-Compact Size
- 2 Watt RMS Audio Amplifier
- Compressor/Limiter Prevents Clipping
- Connects to Format-A Sender using Twisted-Pair Cable
- Powered from RDL Twisted Pair Format-A Sender
- Front-Panel Gain Adjustment
- Acoustically Optimized Decora Enclosure
- Fidelity Comparable to Larger Drivers
- Hemispherical Dispersion Mounted In Wall or Flat Surface
The driver is constructed of materials found in premium larger speakers. The unique steel enclosure provides full baffling in a tightly sealed rigid structure. This produces sonic presence within an extended frequency range expected from larger speakers. Internal filtering rolls off out-of-band frequencies to reduce distortion and increase peak power capability. Dispersion covers a spherical area of nearly 180 degrees with the speaker mounted in a wall.
Models are available with grills in black (DB-PSP1A), white (D-PSP1A), gray (DG-PSP1A) or stainless steel (DS-PSP1A).