The RU-FN is an RDL Format-A receiver that connects to a Dante-enabled network. It converts the three Format-A audio pairs to Dante networked digital audio channels. Each network channel corresponds to Pair A, B or C of the Format-A input. The unit converts a fourth input, balanced or unbalanced line-level AUX, to Dante.
The RU-FNP is equipped for PoE which powers the RU-FN and the connected Format-A senders. If PoE power and an external 24 Vdc supply are both feeding an RU-FNP, the unit will run from the external supply and will seamlessly switch over to PoE power upon loss of the external 24 V supply.
- Converts RDL Format-A and Aux Source to Four Dante Network Channels
- Easy Installation with Format-A Connections on RJ45 through CATx Cable
- Format-A Audio Sources from Pairs A, B and C Converted to Dante
- Fourth Dante Audio Channel Fed from Unbalanced or Balanced Aux Line Input
- Front-Panel Gain Adjustment with Dual-LED VU Meter for Aux Input
- Signal LEDs Indicate Audio for Each of the Three Format-A Pairs
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance
- Powers Remote Format-A Senders through Format-A Input Jack
- LED Indicators Show Network Sync Status
- Normal or Hot-Standby Operation from PoE (Model RU-FNP)
- Compatible with Wide Array of RDL Format-A Active and Passive Senders
- Equipped for Rack Mounting or Surface Mounting
The RU-FN modules are Dante audio network interface products compatible with RDL Format-A twisted pair products. These modules are designed to be mounted in equipment racks, closets, conference tables and on shelves or backboards in commercial/industrial installations.
One front-panel green signal LED corresponds to each of the three Format-A input channels. Received audio level is indicated on the variable-intensity LED indicator, facilitating setup when a networked computer is not connected at the module's location. A Dual-LED VU meter facilitates adjustment of the front-panel AUX input gain control. The AUX input supports the complete range of normal unbalanced and balanced line-level sources.
The Format-A input jack provides up to 200 mA of power to connected Format-A senders. Multiple senders may be daisy chained from the Format-A input jack.
The RU-FN Format-A input supports the entire range of Format-A senders, making each input pair available for end-user connection on various wall plates, or receiving signals from other equipment using rack-mounted, shelf-mounted or utility Format-A senders. The wide array of Format-A senders provides compatibility with commercial audio equipment operating at standard professional levels. High resolution digital audio converters coupled with RDL's renowned analog filters provide superior fidelity with a very low noise floor. Each Format-A sender may be connected near the RU-FN or up to several thousand feet distant.
The RU-FN is powered from an external 24 Vdc power supply, available separately. The external supply powers the RU-FN and Format-A senders connected to the Format-A input. The RU-FNP is equipped for PoE which powers the RU-FN and the connected Format-A senders. If PoE power and an external 24 Vdc supply are both feeding an RU-FNP, the unit will run from the external supply and will seamlessly switch over to PoE power upon loss of the external 24 V supply. The power feeding the Format-A RJ45 connector is separately protected by an automatically resetting fuse. A power LED is associated with the connector, facilitating identification of wiring faults.
PoE relies on the use of a PoE enabled network switch. The RU-FNP will reserve power from the switch even while being powered from an external 24 Vdc supply.
The RU-FN is constructed in a durable, professional all-metal enclosure suitable for free-standing, surface-mounted or rack-mounted operation. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Built to last. Built to outperform.