The OctaMic II provides 8-Channel 192 kHz / 24 bit AD conversion with eight hi-class microphone and line pre-amplification channels, featuring a combination of sophisticated components and approved RME technology. Lowest distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and perfectly linear frequency response transmit and amplify the microphone signals truly unchanged.
- 8 x Mic / Line Preamp Input (XLR/TRS Combo)
- 8 x Line Output (TRS balanced)
- 8 x AD-converter (up to 192 kHz)
- 2 x ADAT Output (S/MUX, up to 96 kHz)
- 4 x AES/EBU Output (D-sub, up to 192 kHz)
- 1 x AES/SPDIF Sync Input
- Phase, Low Cut and Phantom power per channel\
- Clip Hold Memory
- The balanced TRS inputs of the Neutrik Combo XLR jacks are phantom power-free and can be operated as real line inputs too. The improved design of the input circuits allows for a maximum input level of +21 dBu with a convenient gain range from 6 dB up to 60 dB.
- Improved signal to noise ratio (SNR) ADC 107.5 dB
- Improved THD, especially at higher gains
- Optimised heat dissipation by a new and larger housing with improved convection
- Internal wide range power supply with line filter, insensitive to voltage fluctuations
- Super-stable, short circuit proof 48 V phantom power
OctaMic II offers 8 balanced XLR mic / line inputs via Neutrik XLR/TRS combo jacks. Each channel contains switches for 48V phantom power, a low cut filter and phase reversal. Amplification can be set between 6 and 60 dB. LEDs for signal, clip, and activated phantom power give a complete overview on the unit's status. When the special Clip Hold mode is activated, any detected clip-state will cause the corresponding LED to flash once per second. With this, the user gets a long-term peak detection, and no longer needs to constantly watch the LEDs. At the same time momentary overloads are still displayed correctly.
Frontside switches include power on/off and output level, for a choice of -10 dBV, +4 dBu or Hi Gain (+19 dBu) as reference level. This unusual feature offers two advantages. First, the reference level can be easily switched to match any of RME's current interface devices, from HDSP 9632 through Multiface up to the renowned ADI-8 series converters. Second, the Signal to Noise ratio is optimized, and the Clip-LED will exactly match the ones of the ADI-8 (2 dB below 0 dBFS). The balanced line level output signal is available at the back of the unit via 8 stereo TRS jacks. The specially developed, internal hi-performance switch mode power supply lets the OctaMic II operate in the range of 100V to 240V AC. It is short-circuit-proof, has an integrated line-filter, is fully regulated against voltage fluctuations, and suppresses mains interference.