Quality video is easy to come by these days, but that isn't always the case when it comes to quality audio. Even the phone in your pocket has the ability to shoot video in crisp 4K resolution, so why shouldn't it sound as good as it looks? Introducing the MKE 200: Sennheiser's first step to upgrading your sound.
Now, capturing audio in noisy environments is no longer an issue. A directional microphone capsule brings presence to your voice while features like a built-in wind screen and shock mount keep your recordings sounding cleaner than ever before. Compact and sleek enough for your camera or your phone, this mic is sure to enhance the audio for any video you shoot. Upgrade your sound with the brand that audio professionals trust. The MKE 200 - Be heard.
- Directional microphone for isolated and enhanced in-camera audio
- Compact design with sleek and stylish finish
- Integrated wind protection and internal suspension mount to minimize handling noise
- Interchangeable 3.5mm (1/8") TRS and TRRS connectivity for use with DSLR and mirrorless cameras or mobile devices
- Standard cold shoe mount for universal use
- Battery free operation
Directional on-camera microphone with built-in wind protection and shock absorption for enhanced in-camera audio. Includes 3.5mm TRS and TRRS coiled cables for compatibility with DSLR and mirrorless cameras or mobile devices.
The MKE 200 features a super-cardioid capsule that provides focus and detail while rejecting unwanted background noise. Ideal for vloggers and videographers alike, this directional microphone will enhance your in-camera audio and bring clarity to your recordings.
Built-in Wind Screen and Shock Mount
All handheld cameras are susceptible to handling noise, so the MKE 200 features integrated wind protection and shock absorption. These two features combined ensure the cleanest audio recordings possible while shooting video on the move. Add the included furry windshield accessory for maximum wind protection.
In today's world, your video recording is most likely not confined to one device, and your microphone doesn't have to be either. Each MKE 200 includes 3.5mm (1/8in) TRS and TRRS cables to be used with DSLR and mirrorless cameras or mobile devices.
Why should I upgrade my in-camera mic?
You're a content creator or a vlogger and you've got the video figured out, but audio isn't something you considered when you bought your camera. Understandably so, audio is an easy thing to overlook. Here's why it's important not to...
- It's commonly known in today's world of digital media that it's easier to watch content with poor video quality than it is to watch content with poor audio quality. That's because audio is what deliver's the message - audio is what tells the story. If your video has poor audio quality, your audience is more likely to swipe away because they can't hear what you're saying clearly. What's more, the vast majority of Social Media content is viewed on a mobile device that renders anything higher than 720p nearly indistinguishable. This means that even lower resolution content on a small screen looks fairly decent. Unfortunately, viewing on a small screen doesn't help your audio the same way it does your video. That's why it's important to make sure your voice is present and defined.
- Secondly, most cameras (and even televisions) sold today come with microphones and speakers that leave much to be desired because the manufacturer expects you to upgrade your audio with an additional purchase. Part of the reason is due to keeping the cost down, but it's mostly because the focus is on picture quality, not audio. So, in a sense, most electronics manufacturers also play a role in overlooking the importance of audio. This is your chance to make up for that.
- Lastly, and above all, you don't need to be an audio engineer to improve the quality of your audio! In most cases, all you need is a directional microphone with some cool features that help to enhance your sound and just like that, you've increased your production value, leaving you with content that sets you apart from the rest.
- Everything considered, having quality audio might be more important than you thought, but it also might be more attainable than you imagined as well. Just make sure that when you're ready to upgrade your sound, you do so with the brand that the pros trust. Now go out there and create some content! Be bold, and most importantly, be heard.
In the box:
- MKE 200 microphone
- Coiled cable, 3.5mm locking TRS to 3.5mm TRS
- Coiled cable, 3.5mm locking TRS to 3.5mm TRRS
- Furry windshield
- Drawstring pouch
- Quick guide
- Safety guide