The easiest way to connect legacy SDI equipment to the Dante® network, the AVN-DIO10 can be used for simultaneous embedding and de-embedding. This simple plug and play audio/video interface provides a convenient and elegant method of connecting legacy 3G/HD/SD-SDI equipment to the Dante® AoIP audio network.
The AVN-DIO10 takes an SDI feed, de-embeds the 16 audio channels and places them on channels 1-16 of the Dante network, mapped using Dante Controller. It simultaneously takes the 16 input channels mapped to the device on Dante Controller and re-embeds them onto the SDI output.
Switches on the unit allow embedding of Dante channels onto the SDI output per channel pair and there are two modes of operation: Insert Mode enabled allows embedding to overwrite existing SDI audio selectively per channel pair. Insert Mode disabled clears any incoming audio channels on the SDI output and then allows selective embedding onto the SDI output per channel pair.
A Test Tone Mode allows 1kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz and 4kHz signals to be output on channels 1 to 4 respectively, for any group where embedding is enabled. This is so that downstream SDI audio outputs can be tested without the need of Dante sources.
It's powered using Power over Ethernet (PoE), using Neutrik EtherCON connectors, with primary and secondary ports for power and data redundancy. The AVN-DIO10 uses the latest Audinate Dante ® chipsets so is AES67 and Dante Domain Manager® compliant.
There are front panel LEDs to indicate network clock status, SDI lock status, AoIP Primary and AoIP Secondary link status, PoE Primary power and PoE Secondary power active.
A web interface is available for firmware updates, status information and network settings.
The AVN-DIO10 is supplied with a belt-clip, shoulder strap hooks (but not the strap) and an underdesk mounting plate. Up to 3 of the AVN-DIO10 units can be rackmount in the 1U AVN-DIORK.
- 1 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI input.
- 1 x reclocked 3G/HD/SD-SDI output.
- Dual redundant Primary and Secondary Dante network ports using Neutrik EtherCon® Ethernet connectors.
- Powered via PoE (Power over Ethernet) with PoE dual redundancy.
- Fully Dante compliant device.
- AES67 compatible.
- Dante Domain Manager compliant.
- Web interface for configuration.
- Clock, SDI Lock, PoE and Sync LEDs.
- DIPSwitch selection of embed channel pairs.
- DIPSwitch cover plate to secure selections made.
- Overwrite or insert into existing SDI audio groups.
- Test tones available on embedded outputs.
- SDI audio sample rate support at 48kHz.
- All available Dante sample rates supported.
- Sample rate conversion of audio between Dante and SDI.
- Dante clock domain can be optionally synchronised from the SDI clock.
- Supplied with belt-clip, shoulder strap hooks (but not the strap) and underdesk mounting plate.
- 3 x units rackmount in the AVN-DIORK.