CA-XLR2d is a XLR microphone adapter for mirrorless cameras developed in collaboration with Canon. This unit's hot shoe connection was designed and evaluated in collaboration with Canon achieving a high-level compatibility with the brand's multi-accessory shoe.
- Microphone adapter with XLR input expansion for mirrorless cameras
- Equipped with 2 XLR/TRS input terminals, you can use the optimum microphone according to the set and environment
- Equipped with a high-performance AD converter, it can directly transmit digital audio without deterioration to the camera via a accessory shoe.
(Compatible manufacturers: Canon, FUJIFILM)
- Power can be supplied from the camera body via the corresponding accessory shoe
(Compatible manufacturers: Canon, FUJIFILM)
- Equipped with a high-performance HDDA mic preamplifier for high sound quality, low noise, and wide dynamic range
(microphone / line level switching, + 48V phantom power supply compatible)
- Equipped with 1/8-inch stereo mini jack (INPUT 3) for a lavalier microphone or microphone requiring plug-in power
- Compatible with virtually all cameras that have an analog input by using the included battery box, cold shoe mount adapter, detachable microphone holder with shock mount mechanism, and analog audio cable
- Equipped with a convenient cable holder for wiring around the camera
- Camera mode: Audio can be transmitted to the microphone input of the camera.
- Headphone mode: Direct monitoring with headphones is possible.
- Equipped a cold shoe mount on the top panel for extra adapters or accessories
Select the Best Microphone According to the Application
Choose the appropriate microphone or input that matches your application. From a single shotgun mic for interviews or dialog, to dual dynamic or condenser mics for stereo imaging, or the entire audio mix fed from the master mixer using the line level capability, CA-XLR2d supports a wide variety of shooting applications.
Equipped With a High-performance AD Converter, Direct Transmission of Digital Audio to the Camera
Because of TASCAM know how and premium AD converters, the CA-XLR2d is all about clean, noise-free, professional audio. It enables high-quality audio and smart voice recording utilizing various specialized brands of audio equipment. By transmitting digital audio directly to the camera via an accessory shoe that supports digital transmission, there is no deterioration in sound quality, but it also frees you from the work of synchronizing images and sound in post production. In addition, the CA-XLR2d is driven by the power supply from the camera, so if you connect it to a compatible camera, you can have compact operation without the need for a dedicated power supply.
High-performance HDDA Mic Preamplifier Achieves High Sound Quality, Low Noise, and Wide Dynamic Range
CA-XLR2d is equipped with a high-performance microphone preamplifier that can process anything from room tone to explosions and support a wide range of sets and environments. Each input supports microphone / line level switching and + 48V phantom power supply. CA-XLR2d allows input of dynamic microphones, condenser microphones and line-level audio signals from a mixer.
Designed For a High Degree of Freedom
A cold shoe on the top panel expands setting flexibility. The shock mount mechanism is vibration resistant, noise-friendly and allows connection of various microphones. Two XLR/TRS input terminals and one 1/8-inch stereo mini microphone input terminals supports multiple shooting scenarios. CA-XLR2d has the flexibility that adapts to the gear necessary for the job.
Built-in Processing With User-friendly Control and Highest Recording Quality
CA-XLR2d includes internal processing such as Auto Level, Low Cut Filter, and Limiter, all using convenient switches. The CA-XLR2 also supports the 1+2 LINK function, which allows you to adjust the L-R volume simultaneously when recording in stereo. The premium sound quality is possible because of professional grade 16bit/24bit, 48kHz/96kHz bit rates and sampling frequencies.
Direct monitoring using headphones is possible
Built-in analog output terminal with headphone mode options that provides latency-free direct monitoring.
Achieve High-quality Sound Recording With Your Current Camera
CA-XLR2d-AN is compatible with virtually any camera that has an analog audio input. Attach the included battery box (2 AA batteries), and connect the analog output of CA-XLR2d to the microphone input of the camera with an audio cable.
- CA-XLR2d unit (with bottom connector cover) × 1
- CA-AK1-C accessory shoe mount adapter (with connector cover/attached to unit) × 1
- CA-AK1-AN cold shoe mount adapter (with interface connector cover) × 1
- Battery holder (with connector cover) × 1
Note) Separately, two AA batteries are required
- Mic holder (attached to unit) × 1
- Quick Guide (including warranty) × 1
- 3.5mm(1/8") stereo mini cable × 1
- TASCAM ID registration guide × 1