The MM-2D-X is a compact converter that converts 2-channel mic/line input/output signals into Dante signals. With half the size of a standard 1U rack, the MM-2D-X is suitable for different Dante systems as an exquisite analog output unit. The built-in DSP mixer enables small scale systems to fully perform with a variety of input/output models the TASCAM Dante Compact Processor Series offers. MM-2D-X supports up to 96kHz/24bit and uses XLR connectors for analog mic/line input/output.
- 2-channel mic/line input with phantom power (+48v) support
- Supports remote mic gain control
- 2 line output
- 4 Dante input/output
- Supports PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Up to 24bit/96kHz
- Includes a variety of DSP functions for optimal use in different scenes/environments (Output effects, 6 in/4 out matrix mixer)
- Supports Dante daisy chain; this allows two Dante Compact Processor models to be connected without a network switch
- Compatible with Dante Domain Manager and Dante AES67 Mode
- Flexible scene preset function allows to work in different area situations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices:
For integrators: input/output routing selection, DSP/design/scene settings of the complete system, etc.
For end-users: simple app design for only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.
- Remote control via Dante
- Half-rack mountable size
- Equipped with indicators that show LAN/Dante connection status and sample rate
- Equipped with signal indicators that monitor line input/output signals
- Configurable reference level (via remote control only)
- Surface rack mountable angles for installation under desks included
- Optional accessories:
AC adapter PS-P1220E for redundant power supply available
Rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1 to install and store two Dante Compact Processor models in a 19 inch rack case
2 mic/line input/output, 4 Dante input/output
The MM-2D-X can either convert 2-channel mic/line input signals into 2 Dante output signals, or 2 Dante input signals into 2-channel line output signals. In addition, it also supports 4-channel Dante input/output as well, making it possible to use audio sources within an established Dante network.
Half-rack size Dante Compact Processor Series
The Dante Compact Processor Series has a line-up of models with different input/output specifications:
MM-4D/IN, 4-channel mic/line input
ML-4D/OUT, 4-channel line output
MM-2D, 2-channel mic/line input/output
AE-4D, AES/EBU 4-channel input/output
For analog input/output models, the branch extends with units equipped with Euroblock or XLR connectors that users can choose depending on their usage. By combining multiple different units all at once, it is possible to match and introduce them into various systems.
Optimal input/output unit for different Dante systems
The Dante Compact Processor Series provide easy additional mic/line or AES/EBU input/output to several situations and places such as public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios, etc. where Dante systems are being used. They are the optimal input/output unit for small scale environments.
Structuring small scale systems with the DSP function
The Dante Compact Processor Series are equipped with a matrix mixer that includes a DSP feature with compressors, parametric EQs, limiter, delay, etc. functions. From the input of microphone signals to the output of powered speakers; also applicable with recording/playback systems, the Dante Compact Processor Series can build up a complete small system on their own.
Routing to each Dante device is easy via Dante controller. Input/output units can be added flexibly to new or already established Dante systems.
Compatible with Dante Domain Manager and AES67 mode
The Dante Compact Processor Series are compatible with Dante Domain Manager, which features security functions and enables the use of wide-area networks. This helps the Dante Compact Processor Series access easily to Dante systems using already established network infrastructures. With the AES67 mode, connection to AES67 network systems is also possible.
The advantages of introducing Dante Network Audio
These are some of the benefits provided when adopting Dante Network Audio:
Reduction of system costs
It is possible to have a maximum transmission of 128ch I/O with one single CAT5e cable. This leads to fewer cables needed, not to mention the reduction of costs on wiring and space for cable pits.
Improved connection flexibility
All equipment can be freely connected and routed by applying star connections.
Dante is a transmission protocol developed by Audinate. It enables multi-channel transmission (512ch IN/512ch OUT) and word-clock sync with high accuracy via network with gigabit Ethernet standard.