The MCP-90-0 microphone is a phantom-powered “back-electret” miniature condenser flush microphone. The back-electret feature provides greater sensitivity, wider frequency response, and superior immunity from handling noise than a diaphragmelectret microphone. This microphone is under 3” in length and extends less than 1” from the intercom panel, lending to use in small, confined spaces without the obtrusiveness of a regular size mic. The removable windscreen (figure 1) provides pop filtering, response-shaping and overload protection to further enhance the acoustic performance of the microphone. The MCP-90 microphones are mechnically designed for quick, easy mounting to RTS keypanels and selected Audiocom intercoms.The frequency response is tailored for full-range sound reproduction with natural sound pick-up optimized for close-up use.
The microphones are fitted with a threaded TRS male connector that is compatible with RTS standard threaded TRS female connectors. The MCP-90 series is designed to be phantom powered with a wide voltage range of 1.5 to 9 VDC.Features:
- Standard Gooseneck Microphone Used with RTS Keypanels
- Miniature, ultra-lightweight back-electret condenser panel microphone with TRS connector for RTS keypanels and select Audiocom intercoms
- Single-D cardioid back-electret design for improved sensitivity, directivity and intelligibility in keypanel operator and intercom base station communications applications
- Versatile custom windscreen provides pop filtering, response-shaping and prevents overload of microphone
- Full-range frequency reproduction and sound pickup optimized for close-up use and directional pickup pattern
- Accepts wide range of phantom power options from 1.5 to 9 VDC, easily supplied by most communications panels designed with 1/4 inputs