Telos Hx1 one-line POTS telephone hybrids are the most advanced hybrids ever developed for use with analog phone lines. Hx hybrids contain advanced 3rd-generation Telos hybrids for superior audio quality; universal POTS interface features disconnect-signal detection, which works with Telco providers worldwide. Hx hybrids include unique features to make operators' lives easier, such as Auto-Answer with selectable ring count, a switchable mic/line input, call screening and line-hold features, and front-panel send and receive audio metering. Audio sweetening tools include Telos Digital Dynamic EQ (DDEQ) and adjustable smart leveler, symmetrical wide-range AGC and noise gating by Omnia, studio adaption and pitch shifter for use in open-speaker application, and adjustable caller override.
- Single-line capacity with standard analog I/O (1 each send and receive in/out).
- Convenient switchable mic/line input.
- AES/EBU digital audio I/O option available at time of order, or as a field upgrade kit.
- Our most advanced digital POTS hybrids ever, with DSP algorithms optimized for superior performance with today's wide variety of incoming call types.
- Front-panel send and receive audio metering.
- Telos DDEQ (Digital Dynamic EQ) and adjustable smart-level AGC ensure spectrally consistent audio from call to call - even on notoriously tough cellular callers.
- Excellent trans-hybrid loss of >55dB.
- Smooth, proven, symmetrical wide-range AGC by the audio processing experts at Omnia Audio.
- Studio adaptation and a subtle, inaudible pitch shifter to prevent feedback in open-speaker studio environments.
- Precision adjustable caller override.
- Analog I/O 24-bit A/D/A sample rate conversion, 20 dB headroom from +4 dBu nominal levels.
- AES/EBU I/O sample rate converters accept 32, 44.1, and 48 KHz rates. Clock for outputs may be sourced from the AES inputs or internally-generated at 48 KHz.
- Incredible dynamic range of > 92 db (analog in to analog out, studio loop mode, 10 hz - 20 khz A-weighted)
- Auto-Answer with selectable ring count and disconnect-signal detection.
- Call screening and line-hold features.
Take total control of your talk shows and call-in segments
In the mid-1980's, Telos pioneered the very first digital adaptive telephone hybrid. Since then, their POTS phone hybrids have earned a worldwide reputation for extracting clean, clear caller audio from even the most difficult calls.
Telos has contributed plenty of improvements to POTS hybrid technology in the past 20 years, and the Hx1 and Hx2 represent the highest state-of-the-art in hybrid performance. Advances in DSP have been pretty great as well. They've used every bit of knowledge gained to make Hx1 and Hx2 the best, most advance POTS hybrids we've ever made, without much doubt.
Inside the single-hybrid Hx1 and dual-hybrid Hx2, you'll find Telos processing technologies that take the POTS hybrid to a new level of consistently superior performance, regardless of telephone line characteristics. This advanced hybrid technology brings new standard features that sweeten and control caller audio better than ever before; features you won't find in other POTS hybrids.
On the front panel, you'll find EQ Meters for each hybrid, to tell you exactly how much DDEQ is being applied. Next to those, separate Send and Receive level meters monitor each hybrid. There's also an animated line status display that visually indicates when a line is ringing in, on air, on hold or available. A complement of Take, Hold and Drop buttons complete the front-panel control set.
Around back, you'll find a switchable mic/line input, balanced analog receive-out output, RJ ports for telco input and phoneset, input level adjustment, and a DB9 remote control connector with GPIO closures for hybrid control and status indicator lamps. Need digital I/O? No problem - Hx comes in an AES/EBU version with built-in sample-rate converter.
Hx1 and Hx2 are probably the most fully-featured POTS hybrids ever created, with Auto-Answer, caller disconnect detection, audio-leveling and anti-feedback routines for open-speaker applications, call screening and line-hold features, and much, much more. Audio processing tools include a new symmetrical wide-range AGC and noise gate by Omnia, with adjustable gain settings to help keep caller audio smooth and consistent from call to call. Adjustable caller override improves performance even further, and allows you to individualize the degree to which the announcer ducks the caller audio. Finally, the famous Digital Dynamic EQ, coupled with an adjustable smart leveler, keeps audio spectrally consistent from call to call.