Z/IPStream combines audio processing with MP3 and AAC encoding in one convenient, single-rack unit. The AAC encoder supports AAC-LC, HE-AAC and HE-AAC v2 formats, and is fully managed and configured remotely with any standard Web browser. Z/IPStream features a wideband AGC, 3-band compressor/limiter, EQ, low-pass filter and a precision look-ahead final limiter; processed audio can then be encoded directly to MP3 or AAC streams to feed a remote replication server at your ISP. Streams can be tagged with now-playing information received from automation systems. A full complement of I/O, including Livewire®, analog, and AES/EBU, is standard.
- Audio pre-processing, stream encoding and delivery to remote replication server, all in a professional 1RU appliance.
- Pro-grade 24-bit A/D converter for studio-reference quality audio.
- Choice of MP3 or AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2 stream coding, with output bit rates from 16 kbps to
320 kbps (dependent upon active codec).
- Omnia audio processing includes wideband AGC, 3-band compressor/limiter, EQ, low-pass filter and precision look-ahead final limiter.
- Metadata support for all popular playout platforms allows streams to be dynamically tagged with now-playing information from automation systems.
- Studio-grade analog and Livewire IP-Audio I/O, with separate LAN and WAN Ethernet ports.
- Directly supports ICEcast, SHOUTcast, SHOUTcast v2, Adobe Flash Media Server as well as Adobe RTMP, RTP streams (including RTP multicast), as well as LimeLight, Akamai and other popular streaming servers.
- Dual encoder support can be used to provide high and low bitrate streams, or MP3 and AAC at the same time.
- Can accept metadata over TCP/IP, UDP, or RS-232 (using USB to RS232 adapter).
- HTML5 web user interface for remote configuration and management from computers and mobile devices.