The Gateway-4 is a powerful DSP-based 1RU IP codec designed for live remote broadcasting applications, as well as STL or SSL links. The Gateway-4 enables transport of multiple channels of mono or stereo audio across the Public Internet or any QoS-enabled IP network, including T1 and T3 connections and private WANs with MPLS. The Gateway includes support for AES67, ST 2110-30, AES3 and analog I/O as standard.
The Tieline Gateway-4 is ideal for remote broadcasts, STLs, and Studio-to-Studio Links (SSLs). It offers two stereo connections, or one stereo and two mono connections, or up to 4 mono connections. It supports AES67, ST 2110-30, plus AES3 and analog I/O out-of-the-box. It also includes SmartStream PLUS redundant streaming and Fuse-IP data aggregation technologies.
Gateway-4 Delivers Best-In-Class DSP-Based Reliability And Performance
The new generation Gateway-4 delivers best-in-class DSP-based reliability and performance for mission critical broadcast streaming applications. It is ideal for:
- Remote broadcast applications.
- Studio-to-Transmitter Links (STLs)
- Studio-to-Studio Links (SSLs)
The Gateway-4 is designed for solutions requiring up to 4 audio streaming channels with advanced redundancy features and remote configuration and control. It supports 4 full-duplex audio channels in 1RU and is backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs. The Gateway-4 provides two stereo connections, or one stereo and two mono connections, or up to 4 mono connections.
Purchase with an optional WheatNet-IP card for interoperability with WheatNet-IP networks
Note: Optional at time of Purchase
Ready out-of-the-box so forget hardware card upgrades, just connect and go! Supports 2 AES67 streams.
ST 2110-30 Ready
SMPTE ST 2110-30 compliant out-of-the-box.
SmartStream PLUS redundant streaming
Connect multiple IP links to codecs and use SmartStream PLUS to stream simultaneous redundant data streams and deliver seamless redundancy when streaming over IP.
Bond multiple interfaces with Fuse-IP
Imagine the peace of mind knowing you can bond data links from different Telcos and let Tieline’s Fuse-IP technology automatically manage the data capability of each link!
Flexible Audio Distribution
The Gateway-4 supports multi-unicasting and multicasting for audio distribution.
- Multi-unicast mono or stereo to audio to up to 20 endpoints in total.
- Multicast mono or stereo audio to unlimited endpoints over compatible networks
- Gateway-4 multi-unicasting to up to 20 codec endpoints
- Gateway-4 Codec Delivers 4 Mono Connections
Multiple Backup Options
The Gateway-4 has multiple levels of power, audio and network redundancy. The codec features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, dual AoIP ports, dual internal power supplies, automated audio silence detection and IP network backup solutions to ensure you’re always on the air.
Automated network failure detection provides auto switching to a backup IP connection. The codec can automatically switch between 4 backup audio sources to maintain program output at transmitter sites. It is also possible to fail over to ISDN using an optional ISDN module. IP fail over options include:
- Connection audio.
- Icecast streaming client.
- Audio file backup.
- Hardware bypass of audio inputs to outputs if power fails.
Complete Audio Features:
- Robust dual DSP-based architecture designed for rock solid, mission critical STL audio
- Linear PCM16/24 bit 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz sampling
- Up to 4 bidirectional mono streams, bidirectional stereo plus mono, or 2 bidirectional stereo streams
- Multicasting an audio stream to a maximum of 20 multi-unicast audio streams
- Streaming in multicast server mode to unlimited endpoints over compatible IP networks.
- Popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711.
- Low-delay, cascade resilient aptX® Enhanced algorithm*
- Optional WheatNet-IP card*
- Up to 2 stereo or 4 mono WheatNet-IP audio channels in/out.
- Dual Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports support automatic switching for redundancy
- Dual AoIP ports for AES67 / SMPTE ST 2110-30 audio over IP streaming; supports 2 AES67 streams
- Connect over Wi-Fi using USB Wi-Fi dongles*
- Optional Gateway Euro ISDN module for connectivity over ISDN networks. Supports 2 B-channels
- Automated failover to backup connections.
- Support for up to 4 output audio source fail over options
- SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming
- Fuse-IP network bonding (data aggregation)
- SIP (SDP) compliant with EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 and 3368 for interoperability with other codecs
- I3P EBU Tech 3347 integration for Intercom compatibility over IP
- Deterministic SIP answering and call routing: Configure up to 16 SIP accounts and connect up to 2 SIP interfaces
- Selectable fixed or automatic jitter buffer: 5 automated settings available to manage network connectivity and avoid dropouts (includes configurable min and max buffer settings).
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Highly advanced error concealment strategies
- Real-time IP connection packet statistics
- Real-time IP link quality displayed.
- Support for Line Hunt dialing/answering and caller IDs using Tieline IP
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM meters and dialing key pad
- User-friendly HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI enables codec configuration and control remotely over WANs
- AES67 Web-GUI for configuration of AES67 and ST 2110-30 audio streams over an AES67 LAN; supports 2 AES67 streams
- Toolbox Scheduler supports loading/unloading, connecting and disconnecting programs
- Use the Cloud Codec Controller to configure and manage your entire codec network remotely
- The TieLink Traversal Server makes dialing easy with centralized contact list management and self discovery of codecs within customized call groups*
- Auto switching, dual internal AC power supplies
- IPv4 and IPv6 compatible and ready
- Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode
- Integrated alarm management including automatic silence detection
- Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel
- Configurable software rules engine via web-GUI for Control Port (8 GPIOs), plus WheatNet-IP LIO* compatibility.
- Upgrade firmware from SD card or USB sticks*
- Backup and restore configuration via USB sticks
- Automated firmware upgrade notifications via Web-GUI
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French*
- Backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs
- User name and password protection of codec and Toolbox HTML5 Web-GUI
- Support for SSL Security Certificate installation
- SIP allow lists and deny lists allow filtering of SIP URIs and User Agents.
- Configuration of non-standard ports
- Firewall settings to enable or disable a range of firewall-related network services, or limit ping to only work in a local subnet
- Implementation of CSRF protection (Cross-Site Request Forgery)
- Cloud Codec Controller supports admin and user level access to codecs with password protection