The Tieline Gateway is the most powerful DSP-based 1RU IP codec enabling transport of multiple channels of mono or stereo audio across the public internet and any QoS-enabled IP network, including T1 and T3 connections and private WANs with MPLS. The Gateway streams up to 16 IP audio channels with support for AES67, ST 2110-30, AES3 and analog I/O as standard.
- High channel density with 16 bidirectional mono or 8 bidirectional stereo IP streams
- 16 assignable GPIOs, plus SLIOs (Tieline and WheatNet-IP)
- Ideal for contribution/remotes and audio distribution applications
- Stream IP audio over WANs using dual Ethernet ports
- Fully AES67 and ST 2110-30 compliant for AoIP streaming
- WheatNet-IP interface option available
- Supports multicasting and multi-unicasting, multi-multicasting and multiple multi-unicasts
- Internal Solid-State Drive for record and playback.
- Dual DSP based platform with dual internal power supplies, dual Ethernet ports, dual AoIP ports, and dual USB ports for firmware upgrades, memory or Wi-Fi modems.
- Supports uncompressed audio or a huge range of encoding options
- USB 2.0 port support firmware upgrades, Wi-Fi modems and USB memory sticks. USB 3.0 will support record and playback
- SD card slot for firmware upgrades, memory and SDIO options
- Fully SIP EBU N/ACIP 3326, 3368 and 3347 compliant to operate with 3rd party codecs
- Module slot for future technologies and hardware upgrades
- Fully remote control using the Toolbox HTML5 Web-GUI, or the Cloud Codec Controller, plus SNMP support
- Connect simply using the TieLink Traversal Server
The Most Powerful DSP-Based 1RU IP Codec
The Tieline Gateway introduces a new era in high-density multichannel IP codec streaming. The Gateway supports up to 16 mono channels or 8 stereo streams of bidirectional IP audio in 1RU to increase efficiency and reduce rack space requirements. It interfaces easily with legacy analog and AES/EBU digital sources, as well as newer broadcast plants with AES67 and ST 2110-30 IP audio infrastructure. An optional WheatNet-IP card is also available.
The Gateway is perfect for large-scale audio distribution to single or multiple locations, as well as managing multiple incoming remotes at the studio using SmartStream PLUS redundant IP streaming and Fuse-IP data aggregation technologies over internet connections. It is interoperable with all Tieline IP codecs and compatible over SIP with all EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326, 3347 and 3368 compliant codecs and devices.
Bond multiple interfaces with Fuse-IP
Imagine the peace of mind knowing you can bond data links from different Telcos and let Tieline’s Fuse-IP technology automatically manage the data capability of each link!
Perfect for STL, SSL and audio distribution applications, with support for multicasting and multiple unicasting technologies. It is also perfect for managing multiple incoming remotes at the studio and can simultaneously connect to up to 16 hardware codecs or Report-IT Enterprise smartphone app users.
Multiple Backup Options
The Gateway has multiple levels of power, audio and network redundancy. The codec features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, dual internal power supplies, automated audio silence detection and IP network backup solutions to ensure you’re always on the air.
Automated network failure detection provides auto switching to a backup IP connection. The codec can automatically switch between 4 backup audio sources to maintain program output at transmitter sites.
Complete Audio Features:
- Robust dual DSP-based architecture designed for rock solid, mission critical STL audio
- Linear PCM16/24 bit 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz sampling
- Bidirectional mono, 3 mono, 6 mono, 8 mono and 16 mono connections and triple mono connections
- Distributing up to 16 bidirectional channels between two codecs
- Up to 8 bidirectional stereo connections.
- 2 stereo and 2 mono bidirectional connections
- 1 stereo and 4 mono bidirectional connections.
- Simultaneously distributing one, two, three or six separate IP multi-unicast audio streams to a maximum of 60 endpoints in total.
- Broadcasting up to 6 separate IP audio streams in multicast server mode and distributing each of these streams to unlimited endpoints over compatible IP networks.
- Popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711.
- Internal SSD storage as standard
- Low-delay, cascade resilient aptX® Enhanced algorithm*
- Optional WheatNet-IP card*
- Up to 8 stereo or 16 mono WheatNet-IP audio channels in/out.
Complete Connectivity Features:
- Dual Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports support automatic switching for redundancy
- Dual AoIP ports for AES67 / SMPTE ST 2110-30 audio over IP streaming
- Connect over Wi-Fi using USB Wi-Fi dongles*
- Automated failover to backup connections.
- Support for up to 4 output audio source fail over options
- SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming
- Fuse-IP network bonding (data aggregation)
- SIP (SDP) compliant with EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 and 3368 for interoperability with other codecs
- I3P EBU Tech 3347 integration for Intercom compatibility over IP
- Deterministic SIP answering and call routing: Configure up to 16 SIP accounts and connect up to 2 SIP interfaces
- Selectable fixed or automatic jitter buffer: 5 automated settings available to manage network connectivity and avoid dropouts (includes configurable min and max buffer settings).
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Highly advanced error concealment strategies
- Real-time IP connection packet statistics
- Real-time IP link quality displayed.
- Support for Line Hunt dialing/answering and caller IDs using Tieline IP
Complete Operational Features:
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM meters and dialing key pad
- User-friendly HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI enables codec configuration and control remotely over WANs
- AES67 Web-GUI for configuration of AES67 and ST 2110-30 audio streams over and AES67 LAN
- Toolbox Scheduler supports loading/unloading, connecting and disconnecting programs
- Use the Cloud Codec Controller to configure and manage your entire codec network remotely
- The TieLink Traversal Server makes dialing easy with centralized contact list management and self discovery of codecs within customized call groups*
- Auto switching, dual internal AC power supplies
- IPv4 / IPv6 compatible and ready
- Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode
- Integrated alarm management including automatic silence detection
- Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel
- Configurable software rules engine via web-GUI for Control Port (16 GPIOs), plus WheatNet-IP LIO* compatibility.
- Upgrade firmware from SD card or USB sticks*
- Backup and restore configuration via USB sticks
- Automated firmware upgrade notifications via Web-GUI
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French*
- Backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs
- User name and password protection of codec and Toolbox HTML5 Web-GUI
- Support for SSL Security Certificate installation
- SIP allow lists and deny lists allow filtering of SIP URIs and User Agents.
- Configuration of non-standard ports
- Firewall settings to enable or disable a range of firewall-related network services, or limit ping to only work in a local subnet
- Implementation of CSRF protection (Cross-Site Request Forgery)
- Cloud Codec Controller supports admin and user level access to codecs with password protection
Order 8 Channels Now and Upgrade Later…
Order a Gateway with 8 channels and immediately have access to 8 input and output channels and stream up to 8 mono or
4 stereo streams of IP audio. If you need to expand channel and stream capacity, simply purchase an upgrade license and
expand capacity in pairs up to 16 channels in total.
- 8 Channels (8 Mono or 4 Stereo)
- DSP Powered
- AES67 and SMPTE ST 2110-30 compliant for AoIP out-of-the-box
- Analog and AES3 I/O
- SIP EBU N/ACIP 3326 / 3368
- EBU Tech 3347 for IP Intercom
- 2, 4 or 8 Channel and Streaming license upgrades as required
- WheatNet-IP card (optional)