October 28, 2019
The AES Convention remains one of the industry's top destinations for professionals and enthusiasts in all kinds of audio applications: recording, post production, music production, live sound, multimedia, podcasting, and so much more. For the third year running, it was co-located with the independent NAB New York Show, which brings streaming, video, and other broadcast technologies into the fold as well. The shows drew over 14,000 attendees to our hometown of New York City at the expansive Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
We had our own booth in the AES hall, staffed by our team of Sales Professionals in which we displayed some of the products and services we offer. We also shared the booth with our friends at both Radio Active Designs and Trinnov Audio.
This year saw a lot of new product announcements from various manufacturers across the board, and our team was on the lookout for all of the details! Some of the cool new gear we saw on the show floor:
- Clear-Com gave FreeSpeak Edge its USA debut.
- Thermionic Culture showed off a new ribbon-ready mic preamp called THE SNOW PETREL.
- We got our first look at Mackie's new ProFX V3 mixer line.
- Allen & Heath had a lot of buzz for the new AVANTIS live digital mixer.
- Apogee's new software products includes a mixing processor plugin developed and endorsed by none other than legendary engineer Bob Clearmountain!
- Solid State Logic wow'ed the crowds with a new analog console called the Origin, an ideal mixing solution for a DAW based facility.
- CEDAR Audio updated the DNS8 to a Dante version, making it easier to use in live productions and remote trucks with IP audio environments.
- DigiGram brought forth the production model of the new IQOYA Talk portable codec - it's incredibly easy to use and highly powerful.
- Softube showed off a new control surface called Console 1 Fader, which can find use in all sorts of facilities!
- Genelec added a new, large-size member of The Ones family, the 8361. It features dual oval woofers for incredible bass and SAM DSP control.
- Soyuz Microphones introduced a neat little box called The Launcher - it can make the most basic of dynamic mics have that "Soyuz Sound".
- Sonnox revealed their new intelligent Oxford Drum Gate plugin - going way beyond simple gate dynamics to get rid of mic bleed and other artifacts.
We saw a number of other great technologies and innovations on display in the show halls - check out our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for more! We've also uploaded a series of informative videos to our YouTube page.
Dale's Director of Marketing Eric Eldredge was happy to see the halls abuzz with excitement: "This show had a little more juice than previous ones, as manufacturers rolled out some exciting new products and technologies. It was also great to see the recording markets getting as onboard with the IP revolution as it is elsewhere."
Dale co-owner Valerie Lager happily arranged for the company's AES booth this year once again. "We're always honored to be here - Dale Pro Audio is written into the fabric of this great city's audio history. It's so great to see so many familiar faces drop by and say hello - customers, reps, and vendors - and we look forward to next year."
October 01, 2021
August 30, 2021
August 09, 2021
148-04 95th Ave
Jamaica, NY 11435
Monday - Friday 9:30am - 5:30pm EST